Assistant Director, Athletics Communications Tracking Code896 - 280Job Description
The Assistant Director of Athletic Communications serves under the Associate AD for Communications and assists with the day-to-day operations of the NCAA Division I Athletic Communications Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Assistant Director of Athletic Communications is expected to be proficient -- at a minimum -- in the following areas (on many occasions you will be expected to perform all of these tasks during the same work day):
- Ability to write game previews, recaps, feature stories and various other releases for distribution to the media and for use on GoHatters.com
- Knowledge of and skill with Adobe InDesign via Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to produce game-day materials, such as programs, roster cards, game notes, etc.
- Knowledge of and skill with using Adobe PhotoShop through Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to produce various graphics throughout such as pregame, in-game and postgame graphics; award-related graphics; promotional graphics; milestones and records
- Ability to manage the graphic design needs of assigned sports
- Knowledge of live video streaming procedures and techniques using Facebook Live, You Tube, Twitter Media Studio and other social media platforms
- Film, edit and create video-related content including promotional videos, PSAs, interviews for use on GoHatters.com, Stetson Athletics You Tube channel, and social media platforms
- Ability to manage and utilize departmental and team social media channels which include but may not be limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Snap Chat.
- Work with teams and others within the athletic department on creating and maintaining a significant presence on all platforms both in-season and out-of-season
- Perform education of student-athletes on their social media usage and how it impacts their personal brand
In-game Statistics & Records
- Basic knowledge and proper understanding of sports statistics for multiple sports
- Maintain accurate records and results for all assigned sports.
- Familiarity with stat programs such as Statcrew and NCAA Live Stats
- Familiarity with live stats programs and formats such as Statbroadcast and Sidearm
Supervise, Schedule & Train Students, including GAs, Interns and Work Study Students
- Train and supervise student workers (GA, intern and work study)
- Schedule student work hours around academic workloads
- Training the student work force is critical to our success
- Ability to utilize and manage photo archives and work with local photographers to coordinate shooting of events
- Experience with the operation of Sidearm is essential for managing rosters, schedules, student-athlete and staff bios, program record books, live stats, etc.
- Respond to all media requests in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinate media interviews with student-athletes and coaches
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner with opposing SIDs and conference officials
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
General publicity for Stetson University Athletics
Serve as Media Coordinator for Stetson hosted tournaments
Assist Associate AD for Communications, Licensing and Branding with other assignments
Compliance with all NCAA, ASUN Conference, MAAC, Pioneer Football League, Stetson University, and Athletics Department rules, regulations, and policies.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Excellent writing, editing and desktop publishing skills
- A creative mind
- Strong verbal communication ability
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- Possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
Salary Grade: 6
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular