Search #: 496524JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The Institute for Student Success (ISS) is seeking a Fiscal Manager (Administrative Program Manager 1) to lead the ISS Business Office. Under the direction of the Associate Vice Provost, the ISS Fiscal Manager supervises the professional staff within the Business Office and is the main fiscal and administrative contact for both internal and external contacts. The ISS Business Office coordinates and processes all day-to-day fiscal, HR, and administrative operations for ISS.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the professional staff with the ISS Business Office.
- Prepare all University-funded ISS budgets.
- Manage all ISS budgets, including grants, foundation, and University funding.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide AVP and Executive Directors with budget reports.
- Provide financial, administrative, and programmatic support for the Institute for Student Success.
- Serve as the primary fiscal resource for internal and external contacts.
- Review and approve all ISS purchasing, accounts receivable and payable, reimbursements, travel arrangements, and expense reconciliations.
- Manage all ISS grants including grants from the Department of Education and the National Science Foundation.
- Collaborate with AVP in development of all fiscal and HR procedures and ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Act as ISS HR/Payroll liaison.
- Serve as the final approver for all HR and fiscal transactions.
- Support all ISS staff as the fiscal resource.
- Develop and provide training to ISS staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or closely related discipline.
- Five to six years of related fiscal and administrative experience including two years of experience serving as an advanced/senior team member or project lead.
- Experience working with grants.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including experience in MS Office Suite.
- Commitment to diversity and the mission of the Institute for Student Success.
- Master of business administration or closely related discipline.
- Experience with the University’s financial systems.
- Experience in higher education.
This is a permanent full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be between $68,658-$72,000; commensurate with experience and skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #496524 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references
. Evaluation of applications will begin July 18th and continue until the position is filled.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 23 2022 Eastern Daylight Time