: Part-time FacultySubscribe:
: Academic Affairs - Nursing & Allied HealthLocations:
: Lowell, MAPosted:
: Jun 9, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About Middlesex Community College:
Middlesex Community College (MCC) employs over 1,000 people in full-time, part-time, faculty, professional administrative and support positions at campuses in both Lowell and Bedford. MCC is a dynamic institution, priding itself on the quality as well as the diversity of its programs that foster student success. MCC strives for a faculty and staff that reflect its richly diverse community of students.
Applications for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status. Middlesex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Safety & Security Report, in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/disclosurestatements/campsecrpt.aspx
Position: Part-time Medical Assistant Faculty
Unit: Division of Continuing Education (DCE)
Dept.: Medical Assisting
Reports To: Dean of Nursing & Allied Health
Date: June 9, 2021
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Middlesex Community College Medical Assisting Program seeks to fill laboratory and/or classroom part-time faculty positions in the Medical Assisting Program. The need is for faculty members dedicated to excellence and able to work inclusively with students of diverse identities and backgrounds. The Part-time Medical Assisting Faculty will be responsible for delivering laboratory and/or classroom course content in accordance with program/college policies and procedures, as well as accreditation standards. The Medical Assisting Program at Middlesex Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and follows all accreditation procedures. Classes meet on different days and times during the week.
Examples of Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide laboratory instruction for courses with a skill component. This includes didactic presentations, demonstrations, skill remediation and evaluation of skill competence. Lab instruction may also include preparation of equipment and materials for labs as well as securing/putting away equipment after the conclusion of the lab.
- Provide classroom instruction for sessions that last up to four hours. This may require preparation of materials, standing, conducting lecture/discussion, for a group of up to 30 students, using a variety of instructional materials and technologies. Didactic instruction also includes exam preparation, proctoring, correcting, grading and posting of exam grades.
- Promote employability skills and impress upon each student the importance of exhibiting appropriate conduct in the work setting.
- Acquire feedback to determine whether students understand each segment of the course.
- Maintain academic standards consistent with a professional certificate program.
- Evaluate students' progress often and share those evaluations with them promptly.
- Be available to students with concerns.
- Meet course objectives and requirements to meet student learning outcomes.
- Maintain and submit accurate records of student data by the deadlines determined.
- Meet, a minimum of, one time per semester with Program Coordinator and attend advisory committee meetings annually.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in a health related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in medical assisting or nursing
- Proficient in office administrative skills such as: billing and coding, Electronic Health Records, computers for the medical office, etc.
- Teaching experience in a health field.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Internet, email, MS office, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work well with and to be sensitive to students, faculty and staff of diverse identities such as sexual orientation, socioeconomic level, cultural, race and ethnic backgrounds, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
- 2 years experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant (AAMA or AMT).
- Teaching experience in a Medical Assistant program.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
Salary: The Adjunct Faculty salary range is determined in accordance with the DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement. For more information on DCE Salary Steps and Lab Ratio, see Article XIV of the DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement. The DCE Collective Bargaining Agreement is accessible through the following link: https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/humanresources/downloads/dcecba2.pdf
Starting Date: Fall 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via the online application:
1. Cover Letter
After completing all of the steps above, please go back into the newly created account and double check that your resume and cover letter uploaded.
Middlesex Community College understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Associate Director of HR, Marielle Abou-Mitri, at 781-280-3502 or [email protected]
If you have any questions follow the link below to the Interview Exchange Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)