Compensation:$15.75 - $19.69Openings:1PeopleSoft ID:0001209 Formal review of applications begins: Jul 21, 2022Department:Custodial ServicesLocation:TBDKey Position Information:
Must be able to comprehend & communicate in English.
- Cleaning & sanitizing facilities & equipment
- Handling and applying applicable cleaning chemicals
- Using tools & equipment
- Monitoring & replenishing inventory
- Preparing records and logs, using a computer & related software applications
- Communication and interpersonal skills
This class is the second of four levels in the Custodial Services series. Incumbents maintain an inventory of custodial supplies and equipment; train new employees; inspect the work of custodians; and participate in the cleaning of assigned facilities. Responsibilities may include monitoring the work of custodians; locking and unlocking doors; distributing and accounting for custodial supplies, materials and equipment; and performing the duties of the lower level.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Two years experience in custodial maintenance.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Basic cleaning techniques;
- Applicable equipment and tools;
- Applicable cleaning chemicals;
- Basic training principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Cleaning and sanitizing facilities and equipment;
- Handling and applying applicable cleaning chemicals;
- Using applicable tools and equipment;
- Monitoring and replenishing inventory;
- Preparing records and logs;
- Training staff on routine work methods;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, and extreme temperatures.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
Monitors facilities for cleaning needs and projects; prioritizes and assigns work to lower level staff; monitors the performance of lower level staff; trains staff on work methods and procedures; and performs related duties.
Performs a variety of custodial maintenance duties including; replenishing paper supplies, towels, and soap; dusting; mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming floors; emptying trash; and/or performing related activities.
Performs a variety of custodial sanitizing duties which includes: cleaning and disinfecting floors, windows, sinks, counters, shower areas, toilets, water fountains and other fixtures and performing related activities.
Monitors and distributes available inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment.
Prepares and maintains operational logs, records, and reports.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.