Macalester College, a highly selective liberal arts college, seeks to hire a assistant football coach to assist in coaching the offensive line for a competitive NCAA Division III Program. Macalester College aims to hire those that share our college values of excellence in education, multiculturalism and service to society. We aspire to hire a coach that will invest in the success and holistic wellbeing of our entire student athlete population and provide a highly competitive athletic experience for the students we serve.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts safe and strategic position group and special team practice sessions.
- Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Understand and support students who are balancing multiple responsibilities as students and athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Assists in developing and implementing a comprehensive recruiting plan that shows successful results for the recruitment, yield and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Assist offensive coordinator in run game schematics and pass protection schemes in game, practice, and through video.
- Assist offensive coordinator in practice preparation, game planning, filmwork, gameday/sideline operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 1-3 years of college coaching or competitive club coaching experience.
- Experience designing and implementing strategic practice and competition plans for the offensive line.
- Assisted in the implementation of an effective, sustainable, and results-oriented recruitment plan
- Experience fostering a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff, with a commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.
- Previous experience recruiting
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by June 24, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.BenefitsMacalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]