Works closely with colleagues from the Advancement Division, to raising $2,000,000+ each year for the college by creating and managing relationships with prospective donors capable of making gifts of $100,000 or more. Qualifies new donors, builds trust and understanding with those individuals through consistent and thoughtful engagement, develops a fundraising strategy for each, works with Advancement colleagues and across campus to match the individuals’ interests to college priorities, presenting proposals, and closing and stewarding gifts. Travels extensively as part of the work to raise funds.
- Manages a portfolio of approximately 75 active constituents primarily capable of making gifts at $100,000+ level.
- Develops relationship management plans that include cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Conducts 100 personal visits annually with donor relationships, including 12 gift solicitations at $100,000 or above.
- Increases solicitation readiness by creating involvement opportunities for prospective and active parents. Participates in outreach events as appropriate.
- Supports department by participating in regular activities including annual workplans, project-based planning, portfolio and strategy review, and involvement in other initiatives across advancement division.
- Engages in and promotes Macalester’s culture of diversity and inclusion, encompassing individuals of any heritage, identity, status or orientation.
- 1 to 3 years experience in development and fundraising, in particular with higher education institutions.
- Working knowledge of fundraising cycle and techniques to generate outright and deferred gift support.
- Ability to evaluate research about giving prospects and translate knowledge into strategy and tactics to grow major gifts pipeline.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously which require varying skills and tactics (i.e. balance portfolio management between prospects needing both short, medium and long range attention.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel), Slate or other fundraising database/software, Google Mail and Google Calendar.
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with facility for managing many projects simultaneously. Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Ability and willingness to travel extensively up to 120 days annually, including occasional weekend travel.
It is expected that all Advancement employees:- have an appreciation for the value of a liberal arts education- are able to work respectfully with sensitive and confidential information- build positive, professional relationships that underscore confidence in Advancement among colleagues, across campus and with our constituents.
Demonstrates the commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Actively engages in learning and practicing principles of social justice and inclusion to increase individual capacity to support institutional changes that create and sustain a more welcoming and inclusive environment across the Macalester Community.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current dynamics impacting college students and parents.
Compensation $75,000 to $90,000 DOQ
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by July 1, 2022. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.BenefitsMacalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]