DescriptionAssistant Director of Community College OutreachTransfer Center, Division of Enrollment ManagementUniversity of Tennessee, Knoxville
The Office of Transfer Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our Assistant Director of Community College Outreach position. We are seeking candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.The University and RegionUTK
is the state’s flagship, land-grant university. We are a Research 1 university with 11 colleges and more than 30,000 students. With new leadership at the system, university, and college levels, UTK is poised for dramatic positive change
focused on solving some of the most audacious, pressing problems our country and world face today. The city of Knoxville is a hidden gem surrounded by eight gorgeous lakes, with a beautiful and walkable downtown, a diverse music scene including internationally recognized festivals, active neighborhoods, unique restaurants, and a robust offering of diverse cultural and outdoor activities. UTK is located within easy driving distance to the Great Smoky Mountains, Atlanta, Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Louisville and Cincinnati. It is only a day’s drive to Memphis, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Knoxville and the surrounding counties have a population of more than 850,000 people. The Division
The Enrollment Management
(EM) division comprises more than 170 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research & Analytics. The Office of Enrollment Management is committed to our Vision, Mission and Values
. We are passionate about fulfilling our land-grant mission of accessible education and making an impact that will transform lives through the student experience.The Position: Hybrid/remote work schedule with in-person component.
This position supervises transfer coordinators, counselors, and or recruiters in the Transfer Center. This position will be Responsible for compilation of complete transfer student recruitment plan for summer/fall and spring semesters with the assistance of supervised staff. Coordinates with Senior Data Analyst to forecast future enrollment numbers based on collected, analyzed, and interpreted data in report format. Supervision of a complete CRM communication plan in collaboration with Senior Data Analyst and Enrollment Communications. Oversees the coordination and planning of campus transfer recruitment events. Leads supplemental review of borderline applicants in coordination with colleges and departments. Coordinates with Undergraduate Admissions Leadership for denied student appeal process. Monitors flow and pace of admissions decisions. Co-advise transfer-oriented outreach and on-campus groups. Supervise implementation of strategy to increase Community College Partner transfer student pipeline programs.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated positive experience working with diverse populations.
- Professional experience in admissions, counseling, or advising at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Experience giving oral presentations.
- A minimum of one year of higher education or related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and relationship building.
- Territory management, report building and report maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive strategic planning, strategy development, and other decision making.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills to include attention to detail, professional writing, professional oral communication, and active listening.
- Ability to create professional public presentations.
- Public speaking skills to include individual, small and large group presentations.
- Ability to develop and implement/execute strategic planning, event planning, and project management.
- Knowledge of university admissions process.
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and research solutions.
- Ability to lift, transport, and distribute objects up to 40 pounds.
For full consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience along with a resume and the name, e-mail address, and telephone number of three to five professional references.Job:
- Knowledge of university travel policies.
- Ability to work with new technologies to enhance recruitment.
- Ability to understand demographic trends related to higher education.
Student ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 16, 2022, 10:29:21 AM