: School of ManagementLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 8, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 02592Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Assistant Dean (SL-5)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The School of Management invites applications for Assistant Dean.
Function of Job: Under administrative review of the Dean and Associate Deans of the School of Management, to assist and engage in all matters of administrative concern, and to be responsible for special projects and programs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and prepare draft accreditation reports, including data coordination and data presentation/visualization for both business program and accounting program accreditation cycles.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of documents such as reports, reviews, course/program proposals, according to school and university policies and procedures.
- Advise and assist in the strategic planning of the school, and assist in the implementation and evaluation of the strategic plan.
- Assist the Associate Deans in initiatives with area coordinators and/or program coordinators and directors as needed.
- Assist in developing and updating school policies, procedures, governance documentation and act as administrative coordinator within these areas.
- Represent the School of Management on various campus committees; and represent the school to outside organizations as needed.
- Act as resource person for faculty and staff with regard to assurance of learning.
- Manage special programs and projects.
The School of Management is AACSB accredited and is nationally recognized for its success in developing future business leaders. The school offers bachelors, masters, and Ph.D. programs.
- Graduate degree required.
- Experience with accreditation and/or other related regulatory processes.
- Strong technical writing skills (e.g., grant proposal, research report, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience as instructor and/or advisor to students.
- Familiarity and understanding of the mission of the School of Management, including its teaching and research functions.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: July 1, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.