: Center for Civic EngagementLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 16, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 43222Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
The communications coordinator will:
- Work with CCE professional and student staff to set overall direction and goals for marketing strategies for the CCE's cocurricular programs, events and faculty engagement initiatives. Develop and implement timelines for all communications and marketing efforts and ensure that University branding and style guidelines are followed.
- Oversee the CCE's online presence, including webpages and social media accounts; work with staff to keep content current and engaging.
- Maintain the CCE's Service Listings, an online searchable volunteer opportunity database.
- Develop weekly student newsletters, and regular faculty and community partner newsletters advertising CCE services, programs and events.
- Write stories and articles to promote program successes and highlight exceptional students and faculty participating in community/civic engagement initiatives.
- Create a variety of media including video, infographics, flyers, etc. to highlight CCE programs, initiatives, events and services.
- Contribute content for and design reports for various CCE initiatives and programs.
- Supervise marketing and communications interns; assign and delegate tasks to ensure a consistent marketing and brand identity.
- Monitor general CCE email account.
- Plan, implement and assess the effectiveness of major CCE events, such as the Community Opportunities Fair, and supervise related interns.
- Serve as a member of the Student Affairs Strategic Communications group.
- Contribute to the overall University mission and strategic plan by providing support for other University offices, committees and task forces.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key offices through the Divisions of Student Affairs and Communications and Marketing.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, three professional references, and a portfolio of professional work including 2 writing samples and 2 design samples.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in marketing, communications or related field
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; experience in professional writing and copy editing
- Exceptional attention to detail in writing and design
- A flexible writing style that can be adapted to various mediums (social media, websites, newsletters, email communications, long-form stories, reports, etc.) and audiences (students, faculty/staff and external community members)
- Experience in graphic design; proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Experience in managing social media platforms and website content management systems
- Ability to work independently, be detail oriented and have excellent time management and organizational skills in order to develop priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with various campus constituent groups
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: July 5, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
- Portfolio of professional work, including two writing samples and two design samples
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.