: Decker College of Nursing, Occupational TherapyLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 9, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 09722Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
The Senior Staff Assistant for the Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences Division of Occupational Therapy provides comprehensive support to the Division enabling the efficiency and effectiveness of the Program. The Senior Staff Assistant coordinates multiple, complex priorities in a demanding, fast paced and high-profile environment facilitating the efficient management of the office workflow by simultaneously handling numerous details and challenging situations. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the OTD Post Professional program and serving as a representative of the program to the administrative units within the college and the university.
This position is full-time and will require the successful candidate to manage essential program data including OTD Division legal contracts, software management, contribute to accreditation documents, and prepare and manage student admission information and coursework systems. This position requires collaboration and contribution with the team, support of our faculty, and students of the OT Division. The ability to multi-task and prioritize work related to deadlines and follow up on projects will require a high level of independence and strong organizational skills. This position may occasionally need to serve as first point of contact for customer service to meet the needs of students, faculty, and visitors in a professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree required and three or more years of related experience with proven office administration, human resource management and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, and handle confidential matters with tact and discretion.
- Must be highly motivated and detail oriented with the flexibility to multi-task and the ability to change direction as needs require; able to work well under pressure, problem solve and able to think outside the box.
- Must be very personable with demonstrated strengths in interpersonal relations and the ability to collaborate and communicate complex material effectively with a diverse group of individuals including faculty, staff, senior administrators, community partners, students and visitors.
- Must possess strong oral/written communication skills and technical expertise in business management tools including spreadsheets, word processing, calendar tools, and presentation software.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use a high degree of discretion.
- Work in a professional and focused manner to schedule and prepare for internal and external meetings with various stakeholders including campus leadership, faculty and staff, industry and university partners, advisory board members and project teams.
- Able to travel and work evenings and weekends on occasion.
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: June 30, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.