Nursing Lab AssistantUnion:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
The Nursing Lab Assistant is responsible for supporting faculty, supplemental instructors and students in labs including simulation labs. This person is also responsible for lab maintenance, inventory, and supporting faculty and staff with maintenance of student records. Reporting and Supervisory Relationships:
This position reports to the Dean, Allied Health and Emergency ServicesEssential Responsibilities:
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ensures that everyone present in the laboratory is adhering to the appropriate lab and industry safety standards.
- Communicates with instructional staff and/or faculty as appropriate.
- Helps maintain the cleanliness and organization of individual labs
- Assist in restocking consumables between lab courses to include the assembly and disassembly of student lab assignments and skills
- Assist in preparing simulation activities.
- Assists in maintaining equipment as assigned.
- Assists with student record maintenance including background checks and other require records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Someevenings required.Minimum Qualifications:
Employee will work 36 weeks per the academic school year and is required to be present every week that faculty are present. Daily hours of the employee to be determined by the supervisor.
1. RN, EMT, EMT-P, or other relevant medical experiencePreferred Qualifications:
2. Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
3. Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, leadership, and peers.
4. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
5. Excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills
6. Proficient in basic computer skills
Anticipated Work Hours and Days:
1. Recent clinical experience and/or teaching experience in a nursing program preferred.
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday Thru Friday (12 month)Salary:
minimum starting-$37,843Posting Date:
06/30/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically. Illinois Governor Pritzker’s executive order to mandate COVID-19 vaccination and/or weekly testing on college campuses became effective Monday, Sept. 20, 2021. This mandate includes higher education personnel and students of Prairie State College.