Executive Director, Student Financial Services (2022172)
About the Opportunity:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This administrator position reports to the Vice President, Business Administration and Finance and is an excellent opportunity within the College's Business Administration and Finance department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State. SOAR, EAGLES!About the Position:
The Executive Director, Student Financial Services is expected to assist the College in achieving its vision and mission of student success and service to the community. Highly motivated and eager to apply leadership ability towards supporting the objectives at Polk State College as a leader who is professional with exceptional communication and organizational skills. The Executive Director oversees all the College's financial aid programs; federal, state, and institutional aid programs. Services are provided at both Winter Haven and Lakeland campuses. The Executive Director is expected to be the chief financial aid administrator representing the College before federal and state agencies.
The Executive Director is expected to lead the overall strategic planning for Student Financial Services which include overseeing three senior staff members that include compliance and quality assurance, processing, and student services. As part of the leadership for the department, the Executive Director is to ensure there is an active and up-to-date comprehensive training program so staff are current in their knowledge for the financial aid programs. As part of Student Financial Services, the department needs to give priority to the overall student services delivered to our students.Essential Functions/Duties:
- Oversees the compliance operations for federal laws and regulations, state statutes and rules in the awards and disbursing of funds, including Title IV of the Higher Education Act, and other related legislation.
- Coordinates the overall preparing for the annual application for Title IV funding to assure annual approval.
- Coordinating the flow of information among students, external processors, state agencies and the college. Ensure communications are coordinated with other student areas of the College.
- Developing goals and objectives for the functions and performance plans for the staff assigned to carry out these functions.
- Coordinating resolution of problems that affect the operations of the entire Student Financial Services area.
- Providing oversight and program guidance to staff at all campuses.
- Providing executive leadership by creating an atmosphere of involvement and participation, making assignments, evaluating performance, reviewing, and supporting hiring and termination decisions; and other human resource functions.
- Setting an appropriate example, encouraging creativity, setting appropriate standards of performance and behavior, and applying other successful leadership skills to management style. Provide a leadership that is open to innovative ideas and ensuring staff have the resources to effectively serve students.
- Coordinates financial aid efforts with other areas of the college.
- Participates in professional development opportunities to expand knowledge and enhance performance.
- Manages the efforts and initiatives of the office and its staff to provide information and answers to questions relating to financial assistance available to students enrolled at the college.
- Ensure there are adequate internal controls in place for the authorization of disbursements.
- Coordinate and serve as the final reviewer for financial aid reports.
- Oversee the maintenance of records in compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional policy.
- Provide proper training and updates on financial aid for office staff such as Genesis, Financier, Federal and State programs as well as participate in college-wide training, on committees, and the development of policies and procedures.
- Assisting in identifying and resolving issues that negatively affect students.
- Serves as the chief financial aid administrators representing the College to federal and state agencies.
- Responsible for managing, planning, and supervising all aspects of the Financial Aid Office operation.
- Ensure the staff develop, implement, monitor, and revise policies and procedures relating to the financial aid functional area.
- Authorize all office expenditures in keeping with approved annual budget.
- Continually look for opportunities to streamline and improve processes to enhance the student experience.
- Performs other duties as directed.
This position is a level P19
. To determine starting salary, Polk State College takes into consideration the pay level minimum, the candidate's qualifications and internal equity factors
Proficiency in knowledge of U.S. Department of Education rules and regulations, current issues in higher education and pending legislation. Experience in managing a large staff and complex financial aid programs. Experience with multi-campus environment. Ability to think logically and to analyze and solve problems. Experience with automated financial aid systems. Ability to collaborate with people in a professional and concerned manner. Excellent communication and people skills. Strong ability to train, motivate and manage staff. Experience in managing and supervising a diverse population. Thorough working knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations. Demonstrated experience in organizing, developing, and implementing operational systems and writing guidelines in an educational setting and managing a high-volume workflow. Community college experience in the administration of student financial aid. Demonstrated experience of positive and proactive approaches in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions, managing projects, leading teams through collaboration, and implementing efficiencies and effectiveness using technology. Experience with automated financial aid software & systems. Required Education:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree is required. Preferred Education:
A Master’s degree in Education, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline is preferred.
Minimum of seven years of management experience in student financial aid programs in a comprehensive community college or university.
Community college experience in the administration of student financial aid is preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation (except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits (vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.Important Information:
- Application Requirements:A completed online application consists of:
- a resume, and
- an electronic job application (all sections completed).
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- Background Screening: Reference checks, successful completion of a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required prior to employment.
- Non-Instructional/Staff Transcripts: For professional/salaried positions, uploading of unofficial transcript(s) (with confidential information redacted) during the application process is welcomed, but not required. However, please note that education verification will be completed, for all stated degrees, on or before an interview. Submission of official transcripts for Administrator positions (P17 and above), for all stated degrees, is required as a condition of employment, following receipt of a job offer.
- Foreign Transcripts: All international degrees must have their coursework evaluated in terms of U.S. "equivalency." Polk State College requires that all international credential evaluations be conducted by one of the companies affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES®). More information about NACES® affiliates can be obtained at the NACES® website.
- Relocation:Polk State College does NOT provide relocation assistance for this position.
- This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, July 15, 2022 .
NOTE: We encourage applicants to provide feedback of their experience or request help at [email protected]
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with State of Florida agency like Polk State College. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement and the date of your re-employment.
As a rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise and where the College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored candidates.
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in its programs, activities, or employment.For questions or concerns, please contact: Lonnie Thompson, Chief Diversity Officer; 999 Avenue H, NE; Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: 863.292.3602 Ext. 5378; firstname.lastname@example.org
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or e-mail [email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request, along with your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Winter Haven Campus
71,054.78 - 92,855.46 USD
To apply, visit https://polkstate-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=2001&company_id=16397&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=993016&aid=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency