Job Location: Fort Wayne Campus - Fort Wayne, IN
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Job Category: Finance
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan.
This position will support the Financial Aid Department in verifications as well as monitoring and contacting students not making Satisfactory Academic Progress. Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for collecting and reviewing data between FAFSA applications, IRS data, and various other sources in order to verify student aid eligibility and ensure continued compliance.
- Will be the primary interoffice contact for any verification questions making it a necessity to keep up to date on current rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Excel needed in order to create, sort, and extrapolate data from reports.
- Will coordinate the determination and notification of students not making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Will assist the department in the packaging of student aid.
- Part of a team that reallocates aid based on student credit hours per session.
- Work with incoming and currently enrolled traditional and accelerated/online students
- Relay information by phone, email, and mail service
- Daily functions of the aid office as requested
Word: IntermediateExcel: IntermediateJenzabar: IntermediateInfo Maker: NoviceJenzabar EX IntermediatePowerFAIDS Intermediate Experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 1-2 years financial aid experience preferred
- Background in accounting or related field also preferred
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Application materials must include a cover letter and resume. For a preferential review of materials, please apply by July 16, 2022.