PG191501EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Web Designer/Developer IIAnticipated Hiring Range:
$70,000 - $81,500Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday; 8am - 5pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Industry Expansion SolutionsAbout the Department:
The Industry Expansion Solutions (IES) is a major component of the State’s economic development operation by diffusing engineering, science, and technology to North Carolina industry, business, and public agencies for the enhancement of quality, productivity, and environmental protection. This is accomplished by delivering and/or developing professional education and technical assistance that meet the needs of industry leaders and technical professionals and are best practices to promote corporate growth and the production of quality products.Essential Job Duties:
We seek a Salesforce Administrator (IT Web Designer/Developer II) to help us with key initiatives for our 6-year-old Salesforce implementation. This position will first and foremost maintain the system and its customizations. This position will also document the existing processes and workflows as well as work with the various units within IES to realize the full capability of the CRM. This position will also be responsible for a handful of internal web applications that support internal business processes.
The IT Web Designer/Developer II will be required to consult with clients, gather and analyze business requirements and determine the most effective technical strategy to accomplish project goals. The employee will also design and implement reports and dashboards as requested in order to enable management to make data-driven decisions. This position also requires collaboration with other developers, staff members and management, including persons in other departments and vendors. The position is also responsible for the quality of all systems across the organization, including developing technical documentation.
- Salesforce Development/Administration: Manage and continuously improve the organization’s Salesforce system to include custom enhancements and integrations with a variety of systems. Work with IES Reporting specialist to support the technical needs of NCMEP, required report generation, build reports and dashboards, develop online tools and continue to make the reporting process more efficient. Work with Business Officer to maintain existing financial modules and project budgeting processes as well as develop new tools and processes as needed. Administer Salesforce instance, i.e. creating user accounts, monitoring security logs, and monitoring automated processes. Implement data quality tools and processes to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the data. Lead the implementation of Pardot into our Salesforce org.
- Other Business System Development & Support: Modify and maintain existing applications to enhance functionality as well as to integrate with Salesforce when possible. Continue working with OIT on the Mendix platform to assist IES’ non-credit registration functionality and OSHA Card Tool processing and reporting in REPORTER. Work with other partners who use Salesforce to develop the capability to integrate their data without double entry.
- Project Management/Customer Support: Consult with internal stakeholders to ascertain needs and gather requirements and plan and manage projects under minimal supervision. Provide technical support on system issues to users. Independently resolve routine and non-routine problems and verify problem resolution. Make suggestions for technical modifications to improve the functionality and efficiency of systems. Work with IES IT Tech Support to provide help desk processes for Salesforce.
- Organizational Awareness: Participate on internal teams at IES as well as IT groups on campus (OIT, ITECS, etc.) in order to keep us informed of IT policies and changes at the university as well as being involved in Salesforce decisions at the university level. Participate on MEP technical teams when possible and liaise with other MEP Centers to benchmark and exchanges best practices.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Develop, implement and maintain PHP-based internal web applications and sites through all phases of the software development life cycle
- Consult with clients to gather requirements and determine technical strategy
- Project manage the application development process from conception to testing and ultimately to implementation
- Develop technical documentation on sites and applications for users and other technical professionals
- Understanding of database schemas, including relational databases (MSSQL and MySQL) and SQL
- Work with colleagues from other campus departments to support the technical infrastructure and develop data integrations
- Work with third-party vendors to support hosted applications, including making decisions on new functionality to be added and ensuring access to hosted data
- Develop report interfaces and dashboards as requested
- Provide technical representation for IES on internal and external teams
- Other duties as assigned
Other Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience; or Bachelors and two years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One or more years of automated CRM management experiences in cloud technology
- Experience as a Salesforce Administration and Developer
- Strong background in web development as well as Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Relational Database experience
- Software development life cycle
- Project management (from conception to implementation)
- Process flows
- Requirements gathering
- Technical documentation
- Analytical skills
- Customer service
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats
- Strong application development and project management skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and ability to take complete ownership of projects
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Two or more years of experience as a Salesforce Administration and Developer (certification preferred)
- One or more years of experience designing web applications through the entire software development life cycle (requirements gathering, process mapping, prototypes/wireframes, user testing, and deployment)
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/08/2022Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
140701 - Industry Expansion SolutionsAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.