Nursing: DNP Core FacultyPosition Number :
976036Vacancy Open to :
All Candidates Department :
HSH CON Adv Nurs Pract and EducDepartment Homepage :
https://nursing.ecu.edu/Advertising Department :
NURSING-COLLEGE OF Division :
Health SciencesClassification Title :
Nursing: DNP Core FacultyWorking Title :
Nursing: DNP Core FacultyNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.00Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural underserved regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship and practice.Job Duties :
The ECU, College of Nursing continuously strives to create a learning environment and workplace culture that provides opportunity, support, and consideration for all students, employees, alumni, and other stakeholders. The ECU, College of Nursing is currently seeking applications for a full-time, 12-month faculty position to teach graduate students in the DNP Core and Project courses. Faculty will teach within the five core and four project courses with students in all DNP Specialties, including BSN-to-DNP FNP, AGPCNP, and CRNA students, post-masters nurse leadership students, and post-masters APRN students. This faculty position includes academic advising, curriculum development, and participating in DNP Projects. Faculty must be available One to two days per week for meetings and committee work.Minimum Education/Experience :
Fixed term or tenure track available.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
- A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment;
- DNP or PhD in Nursing, with National certification as an APRN specialty;
- Three years of post-masters’ advanced practice;
- APRN applicants must have approval to practice as an APRN in North Carolina upon employment;
- Scholarship activity, effective oral and written communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills to work with a diverse population of students;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty and student body;
- Experience mentoring students; and,
- Tenure-track positions require a PhD in nursing, or equivalent with a DNP or MSN, from an appropriately accredited institution. For fixed-term, this position requires a doctorate in nursing or related field, from an appropriately accredited institution.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
- A valid non-restricted North Carolina registered nurse license is required upon employment.
- A valid non-restricted North Carolina APRN Approval to Practice is required upon employment.
Special Instructions to Applicant :
- Completion of a minimum of 9-credit hours from an MSN Nursing Education Program or a Post-Master’s Certification in Nursing Education from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated experience, credentials, and scholarship in applicant’s area of certification.
- Online teaching experience.
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Three References (noting contact information)
Additionally, an original transcript of your highest degree is required upon hire. If the highest degree is not in nursing, please provide original of highest degree and original of highest degree in nursing.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
06/13/2022Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, InstructorQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment :
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.