Software Applications Developer/Programmer IIIAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Unmanned Aircraft SystemsProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
- The Software Application Developer/Programmer III, under direction, serves as technical lead for a specific software development project or service. Provides technical oversight for the application of and compliance with technical standards. Coordinates the technical activities of a software development project team. Completes reports and summaries for management and users including project status reports, problem reports, and progress summaries.
- Serves as the lead technical liaison to clients and vendors. Monitors client relations.
- Approves coding designs. Coordinates the integration of multiple code designs to ensure compatibility.
- Provides technical oversight and coordination for coding in accordance with established standards.
- Oversees the process used to review and analyze software documentation and production results to facilitate problem resolution.
- Creates, evaluates, and approves test plans.
- Answers questions and coordinates the technical guidance and training provided to application users, oversees consistency with design documentation, and participates in the development of system and programming standards. Participates in data architecture design.
- Coordinates the evaluation of software products and programming languages. Makes recommendations based on the evaluation of software products and programming languages for their applicability to the system or project.
- Collaborates with the project leader to develop work plans and time schedules for projects including outlining phases, identifying personnel, and computing equipment requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Due to federal law on deemed export controls, it is not possible to petition for an H1B work authorization. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee or asylee.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience with systems programming languages and technologies:
- One or more of C#, Java.
- ASP.Net Core.
- Database (T-SQL).
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement.
- Must have excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of IT architecture, word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Solid understanding of Git and related source control principles.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- One (1) year of related Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) experience in software development field.
- Experience with Python, NodeJs, Agile development methodology, CI/CD, SPA (ReactJs, VueJs), Docker, CesiumJs, Linux operating systems, SBCs (Arduino, RaspberryPi), MVC, Dependency Injection.
- Knowledge of security and performance considerations for web applications.
- Knowledge of project management, mentoring, negotiation skills, basic vendor relations, advanced client relations skills, proposal writing, business acumen, persuasive communication, team leadership skills, and quality assurance methodologies.
- $7,500 monthly ($90,000 annual)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Software-Applications-Developer-Programmer-III_R-049711
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency