Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Employee & Labor Relations and the Human Resources Client Services Operations Manager, the HR Client Services Administrator will provide tier-one support for all HR related transactions and inquires for designated client groups with an emphasis on academic departments. Specifically, conducting new hire orientation, assisting with the processing of background checks, generating appointment letters, assisting with the posting of job openings, assisting with employee related events and various HR projects initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partners with the Associate Director, Employee & Labor Relations and the HR Client Services Operations Manager in driving employee performance, morale and efficiency through the effective delivery of day-to-day HR services.
• Processing of all faculty and other designated client groups personnel transactions including appointments, promotions, reappointments, stipends, salary and title changes and terminations.
• Maintains and updates job postings for designated client groups.
• Conducts new hire orientations and exit interviews for Administrators and Staff.
• Assist HR Client Services Operations Manager in processing H1-B Visa’s and permanent residency applications.
• Manages projects and timelines and participates as a hands-on contributor toward the successful implementation of various HR initiatives.
• Provides the highest quality of service to their designated Client Groups by insuring timely resolution of all HR related issues and requests
• Generates quarterly Personnel Change Report for Board of Trustee meetings.
• Assists with the processing of employment verifications.
• Performs related duties, as assigned.
This is an on-site position; work for this role will be performed on campus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum 2 years' related experience.
• Ability to always maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and diplomacy, possess a high level of professionalism and be customer service driven and flexible in attitude.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Capable of working independently with little supervision as well as serve as productive team member.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, communication and listening skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically, Word, Excel, Visio and Powerpoint.
• Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
• Minimum 3 years human resources experience as a generalist or equivalent.
• Interest and aptitude in learning & development and organizational development.
• Prior experience in technology and/or University setting.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: [email protected] and please indicate "HR Client Services Administrator" in the subject line.