Development Coordinator, Dean of Research
Office of Development, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
The Office of Development (OOD) supports the goals and purposes of Stanford University. OOD staff members, working in concert with academic leadership and volunteers, strive to enhance, over the long-term, useful gift support to Stanford. In the process, development staff establish and nurture relationships with students, alumni, parents, friends, corporations, foundations, and associations.
Stanford is committed to a donor-centric approach to development. Every member of the Office of Development staff plays a role in providing the university's donors with the service and attention that ensures an exceptionally positive and fulfilling philanthropic experience.JOB PURPOSE:
We are seeking a dynamic Development Coordinator, a collaborative administrative professional to support fundraising programs and activities for the Dean of Research, a department within OOD.
Under direct supervision, provide administrative and routine support to fundraising programs and activities. Work with front-line fundraising staff, donors, volunteers, and other university staff to assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with all university constituencies. CORE DUTIES*:
- Provide project and administrative support.
- Assist in the design, publication, and production of fundraising materials.
- Build a network of relevant contacts and stay informed on current university initiatives and activities.
- Review and track funds and report on use of gifts, as assigned.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of events and donor cultivation, as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate simple reports using the university external relations database.
- Track budget(s), and process reimbursements for department.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
* - Other duties may also be assignedMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and one-year relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of database systems, such as Microsoft Access.
- Ability to work efficiently, juggle tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and achieve goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Valid California Non-commercial Class Driver's License.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, sit, and use a telephone, stand/walk.
- Occasionally light/fine grasping, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, writing by hand.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
- May require working flexible hours, including nights and weekends
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/3152867
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency