Diversity Recruiting Program Manager
We are seeking a Diversity Recruiting Program Manager (DRPM)
provides the full range of activities related to the diversity recruiting strategy, communication, and execution for the HopkinsLocal Hire initiative. This individual will also focus on pipelining and the hiring of historically underrepresented and underserved minorities and justice-involved individuals for Johns Hopkins University in order to create and maintain a diverse talent pool of candidates that will meet the university's hiring needs. The DRPM will also serve as the recruitment lead across the university to support the external efforts of partner organizations and other Community and Faith based work-force development organizations. The DRPM will function as an internal liaison between external partner organizations, JHU recruiters, HR business partners and hiring officials to streamline the employment process for underrepresented minorities and justice-involved individuals living in economically challenged areas of the city. DRPM will apply prior program management and diversity recruiting expertise to achieve business hiring goals.
Working under general direction of the Executive Director of Talent Acquisition, the DRPM is responsible for managing the daily operations of the recruitment processes and practices for HopkinsLocal and other diversity recruitment initiatives. The role will assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining processes and guidelines to ensure effective and efficient recruitment and selection activities for HopkinsLocal positions within the university, including bargaining unit and support staff vacancies. Serves as an internal consultant to hiring officials, HR managers, supervisors, staff and outside applicants regarding HopkinsLocal recruitment and other diversity recruiting initiatives.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:Manages the HopkinsLocal Hire & Diversity Recruiting Processes for the Talent Acquisition Team
Partner with JHU's Talent Acquisition Team to Ensure Successful Outcomes for HopkinsLocal Hire & Diversity Recruitment
- Partner with Director of Economic Inclusion in the Office of Economic Development to ensure that recruitment activities align with the HopkinsLocal Hire strategic plan through the development and implementation of hire objectives, goals and deliverables.
- Lead the HopkinsLocal Hire Think Tank meetings and actively participate in regularly scheduled HopkinsLocal Hire project meetings to tailor solutions for program growth and improvement purposes.
- Provide consulting services to internal stakeholders and external partners regarding effective and efficient diversity recruitment processes to achieve desired results, and to address challenges and issues. Consults with candidates and applicants on a variety of employment - related topics and issues.
- Closely collaborate with external entities to influence and convey institutional needs and create a career ready talent pipeline by assisting in the process of screening candidates to assess qualifications, referring qualified candidates to hiring managers, scheduling and conducting employment interviews, assisting hiring managers with candidate selection decisions and ensuring a smooth on-boarding process.
- Recommend changes/enhancements for applicant tracking within SuccessFactors Recruiting to ensure that the tool is useful to improve hiring of diverse and underrepresented candidates.
- Work with our analytics team to focus on building out a strong data driven approach to measuring success.
Serve as the Brand Ambassador for HopkinsLocal Hire & Diversity Recruitment Initiatives at JHU
- Support in identifying and maintaining formal and informal sourcing pipelines to provide suitable candidates to the organization. Sourcing activities include partnering with historically black colleges and universities/minority serving institutions, partnering with community and faith based organizations, meeting with government and staffing agencies, and using web-based sourcing tools, etc.
- Oversee all Career and Community Events for the university's talent acquisition team.
- Monitor the internal referring of candidates within SuccessFactors Recruiting by gathering and tracking relevant statistics related to the development of a successful candidate pipeline for HopkinsLocal Hire positions.
- Provide consultation to recruiters regarding candidates' readiness for positions.
- Participate on a variety of JHU advisory committees, strategic work groups, project teams, etc., serving as a key representative for the HopkinsLocal Hire recruitment function.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Create opportunities for targeted advertising to drive traffic to career site and develop marketing campaigns to support JHU in being an employer of choice.
- Develop content for recurring correspondence and communications materials to Talent Acquisition team, internal stakeholders and external partners (i.e., develops template text for use by the talent acquisition staff).
- Prepare internal executive briefings and talking points for events/presentations to senior leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, Communications or other related field required
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible Talent Acquisition and program management experience.
- Prior experience working high volume career events required. Experience partnering in community and faith based programs, community organizing, workforce and career development is strongly preferred
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of ‘best practices' in the diversity recruitment/employment discipline.
- Understand the principles of service excellence and quality customer service, and the ability to apply them in a complex work environment.
- Exhibit strong project management, consulting, organizational and negotiation skills, along with oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Must have a high level of analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to generate organized reports.
- Influence internal stakeholders and work in a multi-layered decentralized organization.
- Work independently and collaboratively, to assess situations and respond appropriately.
- Able to adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility.
- Capable of interacting effectively with all levels of leadership and staff, as well as with a challenging candidate population that may require additional guidance and coaching regarding the employment process.
- Highly proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based applications and must be experienced with on-line recruitment and applicant tracking systems and other reporting tools and developing them into actionable reports.
Classified Title: Talent Acquisition Consultant
Working Title: Diversity Recruiting Program Manager
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Eastern High Campus
Department name: Talent Acquisition
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Diversity-Recruiting-Program-Manager-MD-21218/897573500/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency