Fellowship Programs Administrative Assistant
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
The Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
is a dynamic and innovative center dedicated to excellence in research, medical education, and clinical care. Our division is driven by over 80+ faculty, clinician educators and instructors who are the pillar of strength in the Division's ongoing efforts into the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Fellowship Programs Administrative Assistant (Administrative Associate 2) to join our CV Disease Fellowship and Postdoctoral Programs administrative team. This position will be responsible for the administrative responsibilities and the coordination of all CV Disease fellows, postdoctoral fellows, students, visitors, and other non-clinical trainees within the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine. S/he will work closely and serve as a resource for the Fellowship Coordinators, Chief fellows, Program Director and Associate Program Director of Cardiology, and Program Directors of the Sub-specialty Programs (Advanced Heart Failure Transplant Cardiology, Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Interventional Cardiology and Advanced Echo-Imaging). S/he will also provide administrative support to the Fellowship Programs Manager, by assisting with supply ordering, calendaring, reimbursements, meeting coordination, fellowship program website management, meeting updates, scheduling and attendance tracking in Medhub, assistance in sending candidate interview surveys for areas of process improvement using Qualtrics and fellows scheduling using Qgenda.Duties include:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Strong written, verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Microsoft word, excel, power point, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the following Medhub, Qgenda, Oracle Financial Services, Qualtrics, and Smartsheets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING STANDARDS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/fellowship-programs-administrative-assistant-17655
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency