: Workforce DevelopmentLocations:
: Roxbury Crossing, MAPosted:
: Jun 14, 2022Closes:
: Aug 15, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Part TimePosition ID:
About Roxbury Community College:
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Mission of the Center for Workforce Development (CWD) at Roxbury Community College is to provide quality professional training for the residents of the Greater Roxbury and surrounding Boston metropolitan communities, skills upgrades for new and incumbent workers, and customized training for Businesses to help them reach their workforce goals. We offer a variety of short-term, non-credit training courses during the day and evening hours, and on weekends so students can attend training on a schedule that is convenient for them.
Instructors shall be responsible for: providing effective and high-quality instruction; helping students master course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining current knowledge in their teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics; assisting with curriculum development and program review
Instructors shall have:
- Appropriate knowledge, experience and skill, in the course subject
- License, and/or professional credentials where applicable,
- Ability to lead and conduct classroom courses and/or workshops
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching methods to engage all students
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about course content
- Prior teaching experience in course subject
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Prior teaching experience at a community college.
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
- Ability to use the Microsoft platform desktop computer and various software including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work assigned schedule reliably and punctually
- Assess student performance in achieving course goals and objectives
- Keep accurate records in accordance with the Roxbury Community College policies
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Center for Workforce Development staff
- Collaborate with the Center of Workforce Development staff to continually improve course
- Maintain updated course description, course outline, and syllabi as appropriate
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Applicant is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Application Deadline: Applicants accepted on a Rolling basis, as needed
Expected Start Date: Fall 2022
Hourly rate: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but not limited to:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check review. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and/or all persons who have an employment relationship with RCC, as deemed necessary.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery
To apply please submit:
- Cover letter
- Course syllabus
- References upon request