Description of the Position:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of IT, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the configuration, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems, servers and storage resources on the JTSA campus. Works closely with other members of the IT team.
- The Senior Systems Engineer will administer and engineer aspects of critical infrastructure services (e.g. virtual machines, application servers, data storage backup, etc.) This position will provide assistance to and serve as back up for other members of the IT team;
- Participate in the installation, configuration, deployment, monitoring and maintenance of wired and wireless LAN/Wan network environments;
- Research, recommend and participate in implementation efforts for infrastructure services as they pertain to both technology solutions as well as internal processes and procedures.
- BA Degree
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Azure and Microsoft O65
- Must have ability to identify, diagnose and troubleshoot systems and network problems.
- Knowledge of networking and TCP/IP protocols
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco switches and routers
- Ability to work with a variety of software applications
- Familiarity with HP servers and Dell VM servers
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000/annually
To apply: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected].