The Associate Director of annual giving coordinates and manages direct marketing and other fundraising strategies to increase operational/current use gifts in support of the university and increase alumni donor participation through annual giving programs. Responsibilities include: planning, executing and analyzing success of solicitations – primarily digital and electronic; liaising with internal colleagues and external constituents on fundraising strategies; recruiting, training, and managing volunteers; developing and managing strategies to encourage student philanthropy; overseeing campus campaign fundraising, and assisting with annual giving operations and projects. The Associate Director will also supervise a graduate student assigned to assist with student philanthropy and other designated annual giving projects. The Associate Director will attend and support key evening and weekend alumni engagement experiences/activities. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Annual Giving is a member of the Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving team in the Division of University Advancement.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Fundraising Implementation: Lead and manage key components of annual giving program including online giving, crowdfunding Falcon-funded projects, e-appeals, and BGSU One Day. Coordinate with Advancement and college/unit colleagues – fundraisers, donor relations and stewardship, marketing and brand strategy and other key stakeholders – to develop, execute and analyze success of messaging and segmenting appeals. Track and report on results of annual giving efforts. Implement best-practice data analysis to drive decision making.
- Program Development: Work closely with Director of Annual Giving to coordinate annual faculty and staff giving campaign including recruiting and managing volunteers, developing training sessions, planning and writing solicitations, evaluating program, and reporting results to steward donors; and evaluate and implement annual giving recognition societies.
- Collaboration Strategies: Develop and implement annual giving direct mail strategies for college/unit fundraising initiatives with frontline fundraisers and Assoc. Director of Leadership Annual Giving. Develop and implement communications that complement annual giving direct mail and personal solicitations with Marketing and Brand Strategy team. Plan and implement affinity group appeals, evaluating efforts, reporting results, and assisting with stewardship and recognitions.
- Other Duties: Assist with annual giving operations and ad hoc projects as needed, in addition to assignments by Director of Annual Giving, AVP for Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving and VP for University Advancement.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience in an annual giving programs or initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in solicitations or sales.
- Ability to travel regularly on day trips, as needed.
- Occasional night and weekend hours.
- Understanding of annual giving cycles and its role as a component in overall fundraising in higher education/non-profit environment.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years demonstrated experience in electronic and digital communication solicitation strategies
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by June 29, 2022.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.