The Department of Graduate Programs in Education seeks adjuncts to join its adjunct pool. Experience and qualification in the areas of school administration, educational leadership, special education and curriculum and instruction. Faculty members in the adjunct pool are employed on a course-by-course basis, depending on the curricular offerings and course enrollments in any given semester.
- Teach courses at assigned days and times
- Plan lessons using prewritten curriculum that address particular learning outcomes and the needs of students
- Use technology to enhance instruction and assessment
- Administer, and grade assessments to measure student learning
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date grade book
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date attendance record
- Set up and make proper use of a Learning Management System site for assigned course (s)
- Submit final grades as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion and equity
- Terminal Degree in Education, Leadership (If teaching in the DEAL program)
- Master’s Degree in Education (If teaching in the MAEL program)
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training
- Experience in face-to-face classroom instruction at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Required Documents: (When completing the online application, you will have a chance to upload the following required documents)
-Letter of interest. (Please be sure to address the programs/courses in which you feel credentialed to teach)
Additionally, you will need to have the following documents sent directly via mail or email to me at the address below:
-Have two references complete the Faculty Reference Form and return it to [email protected] or via email at the address below.
-Have official copies of all undergraduate and graduate college transcripts (where you completed degrees) sent directly to the address below. Unofficial/student copies are insufficient.) Institutions that send electronic transcripts may send them to me at [email protected].
Mrs. Paula Troutman
Faculty Services Coordinator
Professional and Graduate Studies
Southern Nazarene University
6729 NW 39th Expressway
Bethany, Ok 73008
Applications will not be considered until all required documents have been submitted.