Requisition Number:39997Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:05-Jul-2022Date Posted:13-Jun-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado Boulder Advancement team encourages applications for a Development Assistant! This position is split between two hard-working advancement teams that engage alumni, parents, and community members to generate philanthropic support for the College of Media, Communication and Information (CMCI) and the School of Education (SOE). Reporting directly to the Assistant Dean for the School of Education, with a dotted line report to the CMCI Assistant Dean, this position provides administrative support, undertakes duties and performs tasks reflecting substantial variety and complexity, applies skills and knowledge in multiple functions while working in a highly communicative and collaborative atmosphere.
CU Boulder is a globally leading research-intensive university and the only institution in the Rocky Mountain region that is a member of the Association of American Universities. CU Boulder regularly ranks among the nation’s top universities in federally funded research expenditures and attracts significant philanthropic investments from individual, corporate and philanthropic foundations in support of research, scholarships, fellowships and other programs
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe Office of Advancement is a professional and hard-working advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall external engagement for the University. Through these philanthropic and engagement efforts, the University is able to attract the brightest students, support and grow our hardworking faculty and strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we build a foundation of excellence for the future of the College of Engineering and Applied Science, CU Boulder, and the state of Colorado.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeAdministrative Support
Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, scheduling and confirming appointments, calendar management, making travel arrangements, reserving rooms and facilities, tracking inventory (supplies, swag, letterhead, etc.) and ordering/reordering as needed, picking up and/or sorting mail, preparing routine and non-routine correspondence, attending in-person and virtual meetings, including development assistant meetings, maintaining office equipment, resolving IT issues with Advancement and/or unit IT. Receives and pays invoices, ensures correct accounts are used, monitors unit budgets and assists with annual budget preparation. Maintains and updates Advancement procedure manual for each unit. Serves an executive assistant for two assistant deans, acts as receptionist when needed.Gift Processing
Working with the CU Foundation and central gift administration staff, coordinates and completes activities and tasks related to funds and gifts including submitting new account forms, routing and following-up on forms and fund agreements in a timely manner. Processes donor checks and gifts, completes tracking forms, enters proposals and links gifts, and generates appropriate acknowledgments, including for memorial and tribute gifts. Researches and resolves issues or discrepancies regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds. Reviews annual endowment distribution list for discrepancies and ensures accuracy of endowment status report list. Manages the rev/mod and gift fund set up processes and coordinates with unit financial and administrative staff to share information about new fund purposes and speedtypes. Notifies center directors and special fund managers, as needed, when gifts are received to their allocations. Donor Database Management
Manages donor database by adding contact reports for all outreach and enters contact reports for assistant deans when asked. May be asked by assistant deans to enter contact reports for other development officers. Regularly pulls reports and mailing lists from database. Serves as each unit’s central person with regard to the donor database and seeks solutions and workarounds when problems arise. Other
- Provides support and staffing for Advancement-related events as requested.
- Assists with all aspects of unit board meetings, including attending planning meetings, taking notes, drafting agendas and communicating with board members for meeting follow up and other purposes.
- Oversees Forever Buffs Network for both units, creates and implements content plan for posting on department groups and main feeds, represents SOE and CMCI at strategy meetings.
- May be supervised on individual projects by SOE Director of Special Projects and/or CMCI Senior Project Manager, may delegate appropriate work to student worker(s), may be asked to provide limited assistance to SOE or CMCI dean’s suite partners on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Should KnowAll University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.Advancement operates in a hybrid work model with two to three days per week on campus at minimum, and the position is split between two separate work locations on the main campus.What We Can OfferThe salary range for this position is $45,000 - $53,000 annually.Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be StatementsBe driven. Be successful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of administrative or development experience.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of general office procedures, protocol, and professionalism.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to adapt to changing priorities and to manage time and meet due dates.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Proven data entry skills with ability to input information accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to coordinate technical presentations including hardware set up.
- Ability to quickly master Advancement’s CRM database and serve as the office expert.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Comfortable using multi-line phone system.
- Displays a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and collaboration with all levels of staff members, faculty, alumni and donors.
- Design skills a plus.
- Software Used: Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in fundraising, sales, and/or customer service
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 5, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]