TitleNursing Simulation Laboratory Coordinator EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Description
Reporting to the Director of Simulation & Nursing Informatics, the Simulation Coordinator is responsible for the management of simulation lab tasks including but not limited to inventory, preparing for simulation and clinical skills sessions, scheduling the use of the simulation lab, conducting open labs and simulations that meet the needs of the college, ensuring all supplies and equipment is returned after use. In collaboration with the Director of Simulation & Nursing Informatics, provides clinical, educational, and technical expertise in the development, implementation, and evaluation of simulation-based clinical nursing activities across all levels and programs.
- Executes the educational, technical, and operational aspects of all human patient simulators and all clinical simulation experiences for faculty and students
- Trains and acts as a resource to faculty and students in simulation and other electronic/technical components of the simulation curriculum
- Collaborates and assists the Director of Simulation with faculty in the development and assessment of simulated clinical scenarios to meet course learning objectives
- Assists the Director of Simulation in the development, implementation, enforcement, and maintenance of safety policies and procedures for the simulation laboratories
- Performs demonstrations on the use and operation of simulators
- Compiles and maintains evaluation data on all simulated clinical experiences
- Coordinates equipment maintenance schedules, maintains liaison with simulator companies to ensure reliable operation of equipment
- Maintains currency in nursing simulation technology and trends
- Helps to maintain all nursing laboratories and storage areas
- Administrative support for the simulation department
- Scheduling and coordinating internal and external simulation requests
- Completing required templates for simulation scenarios including room requests, supply needs, and required training.
- Ensuring simulation activities have all necessary resources such as supplies and equipment
- Managing and tracking all deliveries to ensure all items have been received
- Assisting with preparing the rooms for each simulation session
- Operating low to high-fidelity manikins and task trainers for simulation sessions as needed
- Flexibility and adaptability to work varying schedules and hours including a few evenings a semester is necessary
- This position will require light to moderate lifting and carrying of simulation equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned that are appropriate for the position
This job operates in a professional office environment and simulation labs. The job requires working with Laerdal simulators. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, and occasional evenings, in which the college is open. This is an exempt position. Due to the nature of the responsibilities you may be required to work a flexible schedule, as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field.
- Active New York State Nursing License
- Certification in nursing or simulation preferred
- Five years of progressive clinical experience
- Two years of teaching experience, curriculum development experience, and experience in creating and implementing educational activities preferred.
- Working knowledge of current clinical simulation teaching required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is preferred
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification is preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. More details about other duties can be found in the HFCN Employee Handbook. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Position RequirementsBachelor's or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant nursing simulation experience . Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time ShiftRotating PositionSimulation Laboratory Coordinator Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt LocationMain Campus About the OrganizationThe Helene Fuld College of Nursing (HFCN) was founded in 1945 as a private, non-profit College, and is at the forefront of nursing education. Fully accredited by ACEN (for the AAS program), CCNE (for the BS programs) and Middle States (for the entire College), HFCN provides opportunities for a professional career in nursing through three programs:
An accelerated LPN to RN/AAS track, which can be completed in one calendar year;
A generic baccalaureate in nursing program for students with no prior nursing degree, and which can be completed in 28 months; A baccalaureate in nursing completion program for registered nurses.
The College is located in Harlem, one of the most dynamic and safe communities in New York City. We are easily accessible from all boroughs, Long Island and the Tri-State Area via public transportation, Metro North or car, although parking is limited. Classes are held during the day and evenings, Monday through Saturday. Clinical placements are located throughout NYC and Long Island, and are scheduled Tuesdays through Sundays.
This position is currently accepting applications.