1. University Marketing. Identify key strategies to enhance university identity and presence in both internal and external communities. Plan, develop, and implement university-wide marketing, advertising, and media placement strategies. Develop and coordinate placement of marketing and advertising materials. Develop, recommend, and manage annual budgets for marketing and advertising. Utilize comprehensive knowledge of strategic marketing principles and planning; market research and evaluation methods, techniques, and statistics; advertising placement, contract negotiation, and evaluation of effectiveness; news, feature, Web, and marketing writing and editing for a variety of audiences; and budget management and state and university procurement procedures. Directing and managing photography and videography utilizing advanced knowledge of graphic design principles and content management.
2. Internet Marketing and Communications. Plan, develop, and coordinate strategies and tactics for university Websites. Plan, develop, and implement university marketing initiatives on the Internet. Represent marketing and communications team in planning, developing, and implementing the university-wide Website that communicates effectively with internal and external constituents. Collaborate with internal and external constituents to develop messages, designs, and content that communicate university marketing and communication goals. Serve as principal writer and content manager for university marketing and communications Website
3. University Magazine. Plan, develop, and implement marketing and communications strategies for Currents, the university magazine for internal and external stakeholders (circulation = 45,000). Lead editorial board in establishing and implementing editorial policies, content guidelines, and graphic guidelines for magazine. Plan, develop, and coordinate content production for the magazine. Serve as principal editor and writer for the magazine. Conduct and evaluate research to monitor reader interest and magazine impact.
4. Marketing Collateral. Plan, develop, and coordinate strategies and tactics for university marketing, promotional and development collateral materials. Serve as principal writer for university marketing, promotional and development collateral materials. Coordinate production and placement of collateral materials. Develop, recommend, and manage project budgets for marketing, promotional and development collateral materials.
5. Marketing Research. Plan, develop, and implement university marketing and advertising research. Develop, organize, and conduct focus groups, surveys, and other research instruments to measure and evaluate effectiveness of university marketing and communications strategies and tactics. Plan, develop, and monitor annual budgets for marketing and communications research
6. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of Winona State University. Including but not limited to serving on committees and participating in professional development to remain current in the field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field
- Three (3) years of professional experience in marketing, public relations, marketing and advertising copywriting, or mass communications
- Familiarity with demographic and media measurement instruments
- Familiarity with word processing, graphic design, and media planning and measurement software