FIELD EDUCATION COORDINATOR, MACRO PRACTICE, School of Social Work, Off Campus & Online Programs Tracking Code22500066300609Job Description
- Manage the Macro Practice Field Education (internship) program.
- Assign students to internships and develop new internship sites.
- Consult with advisors of macro students.
- Teach Macro section of Integrative Field Seminar, and Seminar for New Supervisors in macro placements.
- Collaborate with Macro faculty to ensure congruence between Macro classroom curriculum and internships.
- Represent the School of Social Work with a range of social work and Human Service agencies and Practitioners in the community.
- Mediate competing interests when hearing many perspectives on issues.
- Participate in and contribute to new initiatives in the Field Education Department and/or other areas within the School of Social Work.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Master's in Social Work and 3-5 years of post-MSW experience in macro practice including supervising macro social work interns.
- Experience working in diverse urban communities is preferred.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular