Spanish Instructor Part-Time Pool
Job Opening Date:
June 09, 2022
Job Closing Date:
Pay Grade, for more information click on this link:
Pay Rate Type:
Hours Per Week:
Saddleback College is currently looking for Part-Time Spanish language instructors.
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Master's degree or higher in Spanish from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor's degree in Spanish from an accredited college or university AND a Master's degree in another language or linguistics; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
-Experience in College level teaching is helpful, including online teaching and familiarity with Learning Management Systems such as Canvas.
- Assignment can either be fully online or in-person.
- Required documents: Resume/CV and transcript
- Optional documents: Cover letter and letter(s) of recommendation
- Please attach all academic transcripts that reflect how you meet one of the above minimum qualifications. You will attach your transcripts in the same location as your Resume/CV.
- If you are applying based on #4 above - please choose "I do not meet minimum qualifications" on the next step, complete and attach the equivalency form. (This is a requirement in addition to your transcripts)
- If your degree is from a non-US institution, you will need to attach a Foreign Degree Evaluation that was completed by a 3rd party. Please visit www.naces.org/members for a list of companies that can complete this service for you.
SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTICE:
Interviews may be held in-person (following all necessary precautions) or in a virtual format. Employees must reside in California while employed with the South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD), even during remote work. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the SOCCCD.
The SOCCCD is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the communities it serves. The Board of Trustees voted to require COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, employees, and volunteers with allowances for medical exemptions and sincerely held religious beliefs as defined by law. More information can be found on our District website by visiting https://www.socccd.edu/about/about_covid-19.html.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
A California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) retiree may not accept employment until after the first 180 days of retirement. Anyone retired from CalPERS accepting permanent employment with this District will be required to reinstate as an active CalPERS member. Please contact CalPERS for additional information regarding your retirement status.
Any active vested member of California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS), who accepts employment with the District to perform service that requires membership in CalPERS, is eligible to elect to continue retirement system coverage under CalSTRS
If you require special accommodations in the application and/or selection process, please notify District Human Resources at least two (2) business days prior to the Job Close Date/Initial Screening Date, by either calling (949) 582-4850 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report to work on a regular and consistent basis, as scheduled, to assigned job.
CAMPUS CRIME AND SAFETY AWARENESS:
Information regarding campus crime and safety awareness can be found at www.saddleback.edu or www.ivc.edu. Paper copies are available in the District Human Resources office upon request.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The South Orange County Community College District is committed to creating an academic and work environment that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion and equal opportunity for all, and ensures that students, faculty, management and staff of all backgrounds feel welcome, included, supported, and safe. Our culture of belonging, openness, and inclusion, makes our district a unique and special place for individuals of all backgrounds.
Our District and our colleges are looking for equity and inclusion-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to the understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present within our community. When you join our District, you can expect to be part of an exciting, thriving, equity-focused, and inclusive community that approaches higher education with the lens of social justice and collaboration among students, faculty, staff, administration, and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position with our District, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our District’s mission and goals for EEO, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
SOCCCD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Important: You must make sure that you have completed your application for a posting by 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time, on the posting's Job Close Date, along with any required documents, in order to be considered for the position.