Clinical Coordinator for Nursing/Lead Academic Advisor
Reports to Dean of Nursing
The Division of Nursing’s Clinical Coordinator is responsible for planning and organizing the nursing clinical and lab courses, including clinical sites and facilities, part-time clinical faculty assignments, orientation and class scheduling, and preceptor assignments where applicable, including out of district online students for all nursing programs. Additional responsibilities will be Lead Academic Advisor to nursing students with focus on admission and progression requirements.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Provide students with information about alternatives and possible consequences of academic decisions.
- Assist with the organization and assessment of orientations (online and face-to-face) each semester for new clinical/lab instructors.
- Identifies and formulates needed clinical contracts with all clinical facilities.
- Maintain clinical site documents and/or articulation agreement documents.
- Evaluates and manages students’ readiness screening which includes physical exam, CPR, criminal background check, and immunizations/titers (health records).
- Ensure students and faculty health record are uploaded into the approved databases.
- Send health record and all other placement requirement of each student and faculty to placement coordinator/nurse educator at clinical placement facility, on time, as required by the facility/agency.
- Communicate via email, phone and/or in person with agency placement coordinator/nurse educators in the hospital and/or clinic to develop clinical placements.
- Attend state and agency meetings related to clinical placement.
- Utilize the state and agency systems to put in requests for groups of students and for precepted positions as to meet facility deadlines.
- Coordinate with Dean, Program Director, FNP Clinical Coordinator, and/or faculty to determine the numbers of student placements needed at each semester, level, and type of experience needed.
- Identify facility requirements at each clinical placement location, such as orientation and electronic health record (HER) training and communicate requirements to instructors and student groups in a timely manner.
- Determines clinical placement and schedules for nursing students each semester.
- Keep a record of student requirements, updating them as required when the facility changes their expectation.
- Keep a record of facility requirements, updating them as required when the facility changes their expectation.
- Interpret and administer Presentation College policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with staff and faculty to understand and clarify departmental expectations. Maintain current knowledge of all the degree and certificate programs.
- Provide academic advising to returning students, individually or in groups, about college policies, programs of study and degree options as needed as needed.
- Keep record of admission and progression status for nursing students, including entrance exams, program evaluation, and readiness to progress to nursing requirements.
- Participate on committees as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree or greater required. Healthcare experience preferred, but not required. Experience working with college students or young adults in an academic or career services counseling capacity preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
Demonstrated experience or interest in helping students. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Core CompetenciesBe able to work as a team member. Exhibit superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills.Sensitive to issues of ethnicity, disability and diversity. Adhere to strict confidentiality.Must be clearly student-focused in both philosophy and purpose. Should also be able to manage stress well and be flexible in a changing, fast-paced environment.
Working ConditionsNormal temperature working environment. Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment. Friendly, teamwork type of work environment. Normal amount of overtime and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.