Director of Athletic Communications and Marketing June 10th 2022
Allegheny College, a small selective national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Director of Athletic Communications and Marketing. The position is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Game Management and Marketing. The Office of Athletic Communications administers all communications functions of a 23-sport Division III athletic department. A full-time professional staff member is also provided within this area.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Write and edit news releases and feature stories
- Oversee and edit athletic department website
- Compile statistics and file regular reports as required by the NCAA and conference office
- Coordinate the production of athletics publications, including media guides, recruiting brochures, newsletters, game programs, and schedule cards
- Assist with the planning and execution of special programs such as the Hall of Fame and Senior Student-Athlete Recognition
- Record statistics utilizing NCAA LiveStats, PrestoStats and/or StatCrew as applicable.
- Nominate student-athletes, coaches, and teams for regional and national accolades
- Manage the department’s social media presence across multiple platforms
- Supervise one professional and a full complement of student work study staff
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
The ideal professional will work closely with the Athletic Director to create and execute a strategic athletic communications and marketing plan. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to implement our department and College mission and vision through positive leadership, collaborative skills and demonstrated desire to cultivate relationships; must have the ability to solve problems, make decisions, prioritize ongoing and new projects successfully. Candidates should also possess excellent communication skills, strong managerial and interpersonal skills within an extremely motivated, team-oriented atmosphere. Relevant BA or BS required, Masters preferred; 3-5 years experience of athletic administration strongly preferred.
As one of the nation’s oldest liberal arts colleges, Allegheny College celebrated its bicentennial in 2015. A selective residential college in Meadville, Pennsylvania, north of Pittsburgh near Lake Erie, Allegheny is one of 40 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” Allegheny also is one of the few colleges in the country that requires students to choose both a major and a minor, helping to cultivate intellectual growth and the creative, big-picture thinking desired by employers and graduate schools. In its 2020 rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized Allegheny in the top 20 among all national liberal arts colleges for best undergraduate teaching.
The Chronicle of Higher Education ranks Allegheny as one of the best colleges in the nation to work for, specifically in the areas of compensation and benefits. Allegheny has a total undergraduate enrollment of approximately 1,800 with students from 47 states (plus AE, DC, PR, and VI) and 70 countries. The College’s picturesque location is ideal for outdoor recreation, with eight freshwater lakes, ski areas and recreational opportunities all within easy reach.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Visit the Allegheny College Web Site at www.allegheny.edu