Provides instruction in accounting and related subjects to post-secondary students in assigned content areas, both technical and general education and other related activities.
Faculty on 9 month contracts may earn additional stipends for working during the summer. Typical Job Functions
- Provides instruction to post-secondary students in assigned content areas and developing related instructional materials (such as syllabus, lectures, course materials, evaluation tools, classroom activities, and others)
- Maintains consistent Office Hours
- Attends in-service meetings each semester
- Participates in statewide, college-level, and program-level planning and curriculum development as assigned
- Participates on committees, boards or other college activities
- Serves as an advisor with a student committee or board
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Master's degree in Accounting or a Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in accounting.
- Accounting industry experience
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Current CPA license
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.
AA/EOE/ADA - Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.