Job no: 492700
Work type: Adjunct
Categories: College of Arts & Sciences
Job Summary/Basic Function
n keeping with our mission and vision statement, Maryville actively seeks adjunct faculty members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s learning community and teach courses online and/or on campus.
The College of Arts and Sciences is accepting applications for an academically qualified adjunct faculty member to teach ADIN 380 - Introduction to Motion Graphics and ADIN 440 - Motion Graphics.
Course description for ADIN-380:
An introductory exploration of motion as an element of visual communication. Students will pursue understanding of the fundamental principles and techniques supporting animation and motion graphics as well as develop the technical skills to apply them using industry-standard software.
Course description for ADIN-440:
Building upon Introduction to Motion Graphics, students will continue to pursue understanding of motion as an element of visual communication. Students will seek advancement of skills and knowledge through the creation of refined examples of motion graphics that engage, persuade, inform, and inspire.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course contract.
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the University’s mission, academic policies and procedures, expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and assignments and deadlines.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough manner (within 24 hours).
• Establish weekly office hours to provide additional assistance with student questions/concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in the course.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design or related field with professional motion graphics experience
• Teaching experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Department is using this position announcement to build a qualified pool of instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise. This position is not designated for a specific course or semester.
Graduate transcripts are required to complete the application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Teaching philosophy, letter of professional interest indicating area(s) of focus and approach to meeting the responsibilities outlined above for the chosen position, curriculum vitae, and 3-5 professional references must be attached to complete the application process.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: June 10, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled