Assistant/Associate Dean of AdmissionPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
JOB SUMMARYPosition Qualifications:
Reporting to a Senior Associate Dean of Admission, the Assistant/Associate Dean represents Juniata College to prospective students and organizations and works to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students. The successful candidate must demonstrate their ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of diverse populations and support the College’s commitment to equity and student success. Furthermore, the selected candidate will explain the college’s admission policies and procedures and answer questions on academic programs and campus life while also determining admissibility. The Assistant/Associate Dean will have strategic primary or supporting leadership responsibility for programs and initiatives that support new student recruitment and enrollment efforts.
The Assistant/Associate Dean of Admission should demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff. The ability to work days, evenings, and some weekends is required. Travel and a valid driver’s license are required.
• Ability to work towards college-wide enrollment goals and use interpersonal skills to recruit diverse student learners.
• Ability to collaborate in the creation of long term regional/constituent recruitment strategies that actively develop and maintain contacts and pipelines over time.
• Anticipate changes in recruitment and attraction patterns and devise strategies to mitigate effects, if necessary
• Utilize phone, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students in a timely manner.
• Work with prospective students and families in support of the College’s efforts to increase retention.
• Demonstrate intellectual contributions linked to diversity, inclusion and/or inclusive excellence.
• Follow the expectation of treating fellow employees, students and the institution’s guests equitably.
• Become familiar with recruitment territory management and create an individual recruitment plan as well as participate in the creation of a team recruitment plan. The plan includes recruitment activities, participation in events/conferences/college fairs, communication with prospective students/families and networking opportunities.
• Ability to work independently, and to arrange information sessions, set appointments and promote the College in a positive manner. Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately as well as accept supervisory input and feedback.
• Applies university admission standards, policies, and regulations in a holistic fashion to credentials of prospective students to determine their admissibility.
• Ability to step into a primary or supporting leadership role for a project or strategic initiative that supports new student recruitment and enrollment.
• Other duties as assigned
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…AA/EOE
Assistant Dean of Admissions: 2-4 years’ experienceSupervision Required/Given:
Associate Dean of Admissions: 4+ years’ experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Basic knowledge of higher education
• Experience with and display a commitment to liberal arts education;
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Well-developed presentation skills are required;
• Goal oriented;
• Facility with Microsoft Office Suite, videoconferencing platforms, social media and marketing
• Ability to build relationships with students and follow them through the enrollment process
• Past experience in a sales/customer-service oriented role
Reports to a Senior Associate Dean of AdmissionPreferred Qualifications:
See position qualificationsPhysical Demands:
• The person moves about the office regularly to meet with students and familiesOpen Date:
• The position requires data input for accurate record keeping
• Must be able to remain in stationary position 50% of the time
• Moves print/marketing material weighing up to 50 pounds
• To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College has adopted a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for all Faculty, staff and students. Exemptions to this mandate will be considered for bona fide medical, and religious reasons. Weekly testing will be required for the unvaccinated. Those granted exceptions for reasons other than approved medical or religious exemption will be assessed a monthly testing fee.
05/20/2022Open Until Filled: