Search #: 496453
Work type: Full-time
Location: Middlesex County Extension Ctr
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The UConn Extension Center located in Haddam CT is seeking applications for an Educational Program Assistant 1 position – full-time position (1 FTE). This position is responsible for supporting and helping implement high-quality, comprehensive, Extension programming at different program sites throughout the region, with specific support to the CLEAR program https://clear.uconn.edu/ Forestry, Master Gardener, and 4-H programs. The Educational Program Assistant will report to the Center Coordinator to prioritize programmatic work assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Assists and provides support to Extension Educators working with programs that may include but not be limited to CLEAR, Forestry, Master Gardener, and 4-H programs.
- Assists in developing educational programs, recruiting, explaining, and providing program information and processes to Extension volunteers and participants.
- Works with and helps develop and refine program-specific databases. Platforms may include Excel and Access, as well as national databases used to support office activities such as 4-H. The ability to extrapolate relevant data sets, maintain program enrollments, membership and volunteer records, and provide program reports to Extension educators is required.
- Maintains accurate records on each program and assembles databases and prepares statistical and/or historical reports for Extension Educators/Program Coordinators based on program outcomes.
- Performs office support functions in support of educational programs; processes paperwork, records, and files that may be computerized or confidential in nature.
- Supports Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in implementing and providing off-site educational activities in the community to improve practical understanding and accomplish program goals.
- Provides assistance in assembling, arranging, organizing, and dismantling program events and activity set-ups and arrangements at various locations and venues, i.e. classrooms, fairgrounds, community centers, etc.
- Supports media relations activities for various programs; works with others to write and edit program and promotional materials for hard and soft copy publications and social media platforms.
- Assists Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in assessing clients’ capacity to participate in programs and helping to incorporate related knowledge into program activities for the greatest learning opportunities.
- Assists Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in developing and implementing programs to enhance learning and provide appropriate content-based experiences to accomplish program goals.
- Under supervision, provides educational training and conducts related support services on an ongoing basis, and assists in resolving problems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists with increasing community collaborations with partner groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and up to one year of related experience; or an Associates degree and two-three years of related experience; or four-five years of profession based experience in land use, environmental/climate sciences, forestry, gardening, 4-H or related fields.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with communication technologies and the media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Access and other database activities.
- Demonstrated sensitivity towards diverse youth, families, and volunteer clientele to be served.
- Must be detail-oriented. Demonstrated experience providing organizational support in a team environment including but not limited to database management and administrative processes.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, load, unload, and transport equipment, supplies, and/or program materials for educational events and workshops such as laptops, projectors, tables, chairs, displays, paper media, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible and irregular hours, including occasional nights and weekends to help conduct programs at off-site locations.
- Must have reliable transportation to meet in-state travel requirements (mileage allowance provided).
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Cooperative Extension System.
- Demonstrated success in public relations utilizing electronic, social, and print media and platforms.
- Experience working with large databases, and generating reports including online registrations.
- Experience participating in collaborative community partnerships.
- Experience working with UConn administrative processes.
- Experience with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) technology.
- Multilingual - Spanish and English preferred
Incumbents must possess the ability to perform the required duties set forth above.
The position is located at the Middlesex County Extension Center in Haddam, CT, however, regular travel within the region will be required. Occasional in-state travel to other UConn campuses, including Storrs, may be required in support of program needs. This full-time position includes an outstanding full benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experiences.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496453 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 3, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jul 27 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 03 2022 Eastern Daylight Time