Sr. HR/Administraive Cordinator
The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking a Senior HR/Administrative Coordinator
who provides a wide range of human resources support and consulting services to the department managers, supervisors, staff and administration covering the following: recruitment and employment; salary administration and analysis; training and education; Information/Performance management, personnel records management, Payroll responsibilities, HR policy interpretation, Credentialing, as well as, information dissemination. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:Employment:
- Assist HR Manager and divisional leadership in developing departmental/divisional policies and procedures that comply with those of the SOM.
- Submits position in the NEXUS system and follows up as needed.
- Develop requisitions in SuccessFactors. Follows the process through all steps until posted for applicants to apply. Assist in scheduling of interviews.
- Coordinate with new hires on the on-boarding process; Communicate with new hires to complete HR documents for all new faculty and staff; including completion of payment form, I-9 employment authorization, SIS record, creation and issue of JHED ID/email access and hiring new faculty into payroll.
- Provide consultation to faculty, staff, students, and management on HR issues including personnel practices and University policy, employee relations, compensation, training, recruitment, and benefits.
- Establish and maintain information for faculty, staff, and postdocs in electronic personnel files.
- Assist with staff reclassifications, equity adjustments, and merit increases.
- Perform JHED administration functions for new hires, contractors and current JHED ID holders
- Assist with the facilitation of employee engagement for Otolaryngology, through the development of department actions plans based on results from the university wide Engagement Survey.
- Coordinate with HR Central, Payroll Shared Services, and the Benefits Office, with all new and existing employees.
- Assist with assessing staffing needs.
- Assist with the responsibility with staff performance through the JHU SucessFactors system.
- Prepare and Initiate all HR/Payroll Internal Service Requests, including, bonus supplements, hiring new employees, salary changes, personal data changes, and position attribute changes.
- Initiate all ISR payroll and supplemental payments for faculty and staff.
- Coordinates annual merit review and introductory review process and notifies divisional management.
- Uses SOM guidelines to determine merit increases; communicates changes to staff.
- Partners with the business office, faculty office and post doc office to ensure the correct documentation is received.
- Oversees the payroll process for transactional submissions.
- Assist with initiating annual merit increases.
- Process off-cycle payroll requests.
- Assist in resolving payroll and overpayment discrepancies.
- Assist is managing the staff and faculty bonus payment schedule.
- Processes all Sign-on on bonuses for faculty and staff. Tracks employment so second bonus is paid out on time.
- Assist in SAP needs for the department as needed.
- Verify necessary paperwork has been received from new faculty, post-docs, and residents and assist with I9 as necessary under the SOM established procedures.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Work closely with HR Manager to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are followed, including the adherence to state and federal laws regarding FMLA, and other labor laws.
- Assist with coordinating initial departmental efforts related to staff that require Family Medical Leave (FMLA) and Short Term Disability (STD Parental leave and Birth Recovery Leave. Will work with divisional administration, supervisors, and SOM HR representatives on submission of paperwork related to this area.
- Liaison for E210 submissions, overtime/ docking pay, and running reports for compliance.
- Approve KRONOS timesheets for the department for temporary staff.
- Manage casual employee's timesheets and time entry in CATS.
- Assist in the faculty/fellow credentialing process-training will be provided.
- Assist with Immigration Specialist for visa and work authorizations as needed-training provided.
- Assist with the process for appointments of new faculty and students initial and reappointments and promotions, including visa-related paperwork and applications, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information.
- Perform related duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Review and monitor the access of employee and process ZSR's as appropriate to ensure employee has network, departmental email and swipe access.
- Assist with the tracking of and sends reminders for flu and Covid compliance.
- Assist with Concur Reimbursement Approval process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field and three (3) years related experience.
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 years of progressive experience in human resources.
- Knowledge of SAP system would be a plus.
- Knowledge of the faculty credentialing process would be a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, coaching, and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to interact with all levels of University employees.
- Client service and solutions-based orientation.
- Learning agility and tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Able to coach managers in leading change.
- Commitment to inclusive leadership.
- Ability to effectively de-escalate and mediate complex situations with managers and employees.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Able to support the full employee life cycle. Knowledge of principles and procedures for HR strategic and functional areas, especially employee relations and employee development. Additional familiarity with compensation and leave administration preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and act on decisions on a daily basis.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships across the school and university community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Project management skills and proven ability to prioritize and drive programs to implementation.
- Analytical and data management skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and HR database software; SAP experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and bend.
Classified Title: Sr. HR Coordinator
Working Title: Sr. HR/Administrative Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $43,970 - $60,390 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Oto General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-HRAdministraive-Cordinator-MD-21205/896128100/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency