PG191750EPInternal Recruitment :
Digital Content CoordinatorAnticipated Hiring Range:
$50,000 - $65,000Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm; additional hours as necessary to meet all obligatory deadlinesJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Research Operations and CommunicationsAbout the Department:
The Office of Research Operations and Communications provides strategic leadership and support to the Office of Research and Innovation at NC State University. The office consists of four units: Strategic Initiatives, Interdisciplinary Research Support, Education and Training, and Marketing and Outreach. The Marketing and Communications Unit works to increase the visibility of the research brand of NC State University by highlighting research successes and initiatives through marketing and outreach. They also provide top-level communications support to ORI’s reporting units.Essential Job Duties:
- The Digital content coordinator works with stakeholders to create or improve existing digital assets like websites, emails and intranet sites. Their scope of work includes supporting ORI-reporting units such as centers and institutes, special projects, interdisciplinary initiatives and core facilities.
- They will work with the ORI director of marketing, our web content manager, graphic designer and web developer to create a culture of continuous digital improvement for our research brand.
- They are responsible for auditing existing websites to make informed decisions about improvements, making suggestions about improved UX, building new sites and pages, moving existing content into our Gutenberg web theme, and helping stakeholders get digital training on same.
- They will provide graphic support for website including suggesting photos or imagery, coordinating graphic needs with the ORI graphic designers and team, and cropping and color correcting images.
- They are responsible for gathering data and analyzing it for each site, then providing reports to stakeholders. They will also work to identify areas for improvement.
- This position will work to provide email support for ORI and initiatives where necessary. This includes building emails using templates, list management including segmentation, and reporting.
- 50% website content, 10% email, 5% general office 20% team or project coordination/meetings, 15% reporting
Other Work Responsibilities:
- Securing digital solutions for stakeholders for new issues as they arise. All new tools and modules will be discussed with ORI marketing and developed as approved by our shared University Marketing Communications web developer. New plugins for all sites will also be approved by this team.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Required Qualifications:
- 4 year degree plus 3 years experience
- Candidates must be versed in Google suite, Wordpress, digital content creation, Adobe Suite, social media familiarity, email marketing tools – preferably MailChimp, Digital analytics for decision making and reporting of same.
- They will be expected to create easy-to-digest reports and analyze data gathered from user behaviors in addition to working to create digital content on webpages.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Good interpersonal skills, MailChimp experience, SEO, good time management, familiarity with Wrike is a plus.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
06/07/2022Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to your application please submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for at least three (3) professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
060101 - Office of Research & Innovation (ORI)AA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.