If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Student Affairs
Job Description Summary:
To provide customer service assistance to students and prospective students and to provide clerical support for a student services area.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Assists current and prospective students by providing information on student services processes including admissions, enrollment, financial aid, assessment or learning labs.
2) Responds to questions and inquiries in person, by telephone, or via email.
3) Schedules appointments and assists with check in/check out processes for assessments, learning labs, new student orientations, and other services with advisors, counselors, and other staff.
4) Monitors and screens student records for status information including holds, academic standings, and exceeding course loads.
5) Gathers and enters data, maintains, and updates student information database.
6) Prepares, publicizes, and schedules students for workshops and orientations.
7) Maintains bulletin boards, brochure racks, and other information areas with transfer guides, career information, enrollment literature, and assessment study guides.
8) Provides clerical support for various programs and functions including college outreach and recruitment programs, advising, counseling, assessment and learning labs.
9) May serve in a variety of areas and may focus on specific rules, government regulations, and documentation specific to that area such as veteran affairs, assessment, or special populations.
10) May oversee the work of hourly employees or work study students.
11) May monitor and screen student lab equipment and student room check outs including maintaining a tracking system and logs.
* College admissions requirements, programs, and courses.
* Customer service techniques and practices.
* Maintaining an established work schedule.
* Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
* Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
* Performing clerical tasks.
* Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
* Effectively working with a diverse student, staff and community population.
* Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
* May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
* One year related work experience.
Preffered Special Requirements
* Preferred Billingual English - Spanish
* Associate degree.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
* Work is performed in a standard office environment.
* Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
* Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
$32,448 - $39,240
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
June 24, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.