Instructional Designer I
St. Edward's University
Instructional Designer IInstructional Technology
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Instructional Designer I. As part of the Instructional Technology team, the Instructional Designer I works directly with faculty, staff, and students to develop and implement technology-enhanced learning and research at the university, including online, blended/hybrid, flipped, web-enhanced, and other digital pedagogies, incorporating sound instructional design principles. In keeping with Strategic Plan 2027
, this position helps empower St. Edward's University faculty to focus on academic excellence and distinction through courageous teaching, research and creative work; provide equitable educational opportunities to students from all backgrounds; and offer transformational opportunities through engagement with the Austin community for experiential learning.
St. Edward's is characterized by its commitment to the Holy Cross educational mission to educate the hearts and minds of a diverse student body that is deeply committed to social justice. St. Edward's University embraces excellence through diversity and especially encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented racial, ethnic, sexual, and gender minority groups.For consideration:
Bachelor's degree. One to two years' experience in the design and development of technology-based instructional materials. Experience with learning management systems such as Blackboard or Canvas. Knowledge of learning theories and principles applicable to technology-enhanced learning. Ability to continually research, adapt, and learn new technology tools and practices. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Ability to develop and manage instructional technology projects to produce high quality materials. Ability to manage and meet deadlines using area processes to meet quality standards. Ability to work effectively within a diverse community.Essential Responsibilities:
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)Dental - Sunlife DentalVision - Sunlife Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & Discounts
- Provides consultation, recommendations, and training to faculty individually and in groups for technology-enhanced learning.
- Collaborates with faculty and instructional technology team members to design, develop, maintain, and support engaging interactive online, blended/hybrid, and web-enhanced courses and materials by drawing on a strong working knowledge of instructional design theories, methodologies, and best practices.
- Provides exemplary customer service, communicates with team members, maintains records of consultation and support in appropriate applications, and uses this data for continuous improvement.
- Provides support, consultations, and recommendations to all members of the university community for academic technology services.
- Collaborates as needed to design, develop, and deliver workshops, training, supporting documentation, appropriate materials, and other strategies to help the university community learn new technologies and practices.
- Continually explores technologies and practices for potential applications to instructional problems and collaborates in the introduction and ongoing management of learning technologies for the St. Edward's community.
An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryHOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. OTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency