Sarah Lawrence is a prestigious, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Founded in 1926 and consistently ranked among the leading liberal arts colleges in the country, Sarah Lawrence is known for its pioneering approach to education, rich history of impassioned intellectual and civic engagement, and vibrant, successful alumni. In close proximity to the unparalleled offerings of New York City, our historic campus is home to an inclusive, intellectually curious, and diverse community.
Talented, creative students choose Sarah Lawrence for the opportunity to take charge of their education. In close collaboration with our dedicated, distinguished faculty, students create a rigorous, personalized course of study, conduct independent research, and connect a wide array of disciplines. They graduate knowing how to apply the knowledge, skills, and critical thinking necessary for life after college.
Sarah Lawrence College occupies 44 wooded acres in Yonkers, NY, near the Village of Bronxville—just north of New York City. A 30-minute train ride from the Bronxville station takes students into Midtown Manhattan.
In addition to our round-table classrooms, Sarah Lawrence has outstanding theatres, art and performance studios, and music spaces; modern science labs; state-of-the-art graphic computing equipment; competitive sports facilities; a 60,000-square-foot visual arts center; and recently renovated dining facilities.
Our students are men and women who share an enthusiasm for intellectual rigor, academic risk taking, creativity in all disciplines, and original and interdisciplinary work. We are particularly committed to having our faculty, administration, and student body reflect the social, racial, and economic diversity that characterizes our society. The College’s 1,377 undergraduate students come from nearly every state and from 53 countries; 84 percent of undergrads live on campus.
At Sarah Lawrence, students spend more time one-on-one with award-winning faculty than do students at any other college in the country.
Working At Sarah Lawrence College
As a Sarah Lawrence employee, you will join a warm, challenging, and diverse community that offers both quality of life advantages and tangible, valuable employee benefits.
When you work at Sarah Lawrence, you:
- Receive outstanding benefits, such as medical, dental, and vision plans that exceed the standard plans offered by many companies and institutions, and an exceptional retirement plan through TIAA-CREF.
- Have unparalleled educational opportunities, such as tuition benefits on campus for employees, their spouses, and their children; discounted tuition to the College’s renowned nursery school; and tuition benefit programs for dependent children who attend other colleges.
- Have continuous opportunities for advancement, as it is College policy to fill vacancies by promotion or transfer whenever possible.
- Enjoy boundless cultural experiences, including readings, lectures, music, theater, film screenings, dance performances, art exhibitions, and a state-of-the-art library, free to employees. · Have free access to the 48,000-square-foot Campbell Sports Center, with a six-lane pool, modern weight/fitness training center, squash courts, gymnasium, indoor track, outdoor tennis courts, and fitness classes, open to employees seven days per week.
- Have several on-campus options for meals, plus off-campus discounts at local restaurants and stores.
- Work in a convenient location close to all major highways, easily accessed from the Metro-North Harlem line, and 35 minutes from mid-town Manhattan.
- Enjoy free parking on campus, a 10% discount at the college bookstore.