Ad-Interim Assistant Professor - Computer ScienceAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Computer Science & Info SystemProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Computer Science & Information Science at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking applicants for a non-tenure track temporary Ad-Interim Assistant Professor position to teach courses within the Computer Science program. The position will begin August, 2022. The duration of this appointment is up to 9 months. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Areas of teaching assignments include, but not limited to:
- Data Structures and Algorithm Design,
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence,
- Computer Software and Programming,
- Computer Architecture and Networks.
Faculty are expected to have a current knowledge of the Computer and Information Science profession and related research fields.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: An earned Doctorate degree from an ABET accredited U.S. institution with a major field of study in Computer Science, Information Science, or closely related discipline. Relevant experience in Computer Science and Information Science industry. (ABD will be considered but degree must be in-hand prior to the first day of class).
- Fluent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Computer Software/Hardware/Security/AI/Big Data Experience
- Higher education teaching experience, including online course development and instruction
- A record of scholarship; publications, presentations, and grant proposals
- Experience with working with culturally diverse populations
- Knowledge of ABET accreditation
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.