Assistant Professor - AccountingAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Accounting & Finance - ACFNProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Assistant Professor of Accounting is a nine-month tenure-track position. The tenure-track position will begin in Fall 2023. Candidates are expected to provide instruction at the undergraduate and graduate level, prepare syllabi, update course materials, advise students, develop curriculum and deliver instruction online, on the Commerce campus and/or the Dallas site. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day or in the evening. Faculty at Texas A&M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As assigned by the Academic Department Head and under the direction of the Dean, serve as professor of record for discipline-specific courses.
- Responsible for providing instruction and on-demand assistance with content in the general education/core courses and selected electives, and/or major coursework. The primary role of the Assistant Professor is to engage the student during the learning process and provide student-centered approaches to instruction. Additionally, the Assistant Professor will be expected to provide timely feedback and evaluation/assessment on assignments and issues that might affect student success.
- Deliver classroom, blended/hybrid and/or online course instruction in regular or accelerated formats, utilizing innovative techniques to engage students and meet their learning needs.
- Be fully active in creating and maintaining a positive learning environment that fosters student success and completion of activities in a timely manner.
- Work with struggling students by providing them with one to one support, collaborating with, and/or referring to academic success teams as needed.
- Ensure course materials are maintained, updated, finalized and ready/complete for subject area each term.
- Conduct professional and scholarly research.
- Participate in departmental and program reviews and with members of the advisory committee(s) and program staff regarding curriculum materials for the subject area, individual student needs, and any other program areas, as needed.
- Participate in service assignments as well as college and university-wide initiatives as requested by program and/or department/college.
- Submit institutional effectiveness data.
- Contribute to departmental or university committees, as assigned.
- Be committed to the promotion of diversity and facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and ability to engage those of other cultures and backgrounds. Have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming and service activity.
- Complete all required trainings in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: Ph.D or DBA in Accounting. Candidates that are ABD will be considered but degree must be conferred on or before August 15th, 2023.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: A minimum of 18 hours in graduate level accounting from an accredited university is required. Candidates must be committed to effective teaching, professional and scholarly research, and university and community service. Candidates must meet the AACSB standards for “Scholarly Academic.” Proficient with computers and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: One or more of the following designations is strongly preferred: CPA, CFE, CIA, CMA or CFF
- Physical Requirements:
- Other Requirements: Hold a current State of Texas Driver’s License. Position will require work after business hours and on weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Evidence of community college/university-level teaching experience with a commitment to high-quality teaching.
- Experience teaching online courses at the college level.
- Experience with learning management systems such as eCollege, Blackboard or D2L.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.