Administrative Assistant to the Executive Vice President of Campus Operations works directly with the EVPCO, and assisting the staff in the departments of Enrollment, Student Affairs, Facilities, and Information Technology with day-to-day office processes, making sure all aspects and services are delivered smoothly and efficiently.
Under general supervision, provide administrative and operational support for Campus Operations, maintaining schedules, tracking processes; and managing budget analysis and administration duties.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide front line customer service for both internal and external college constituents.
- Provide welcoming hospitality to all visitors; take appointments, route phone calls and answer questions.
- In conjunction with the objectives, goals, plans, budgets, policies, practices, and actions produce desired project results, consistent with the overall mission and strategic plan for each department within Campus Operations.
- Enter and update student information in computer databases, assist in monitoring and ensuring accuracy in information systems functions and processes.
- Assist in building and providing reports for the EVPCO and other department Directors.
- Assist with recruiting and Enrollment activities as directed by the EVPCO and other campus staff.
- Have an understanding of campus operations and maintain relationships with department heads.
- Generate all admissions letters and communication as directed, including document tracking letters.
- Monitor and respond to student inquiries and student applications for admission.
- Prepare admissions files for all applicants. Communicate status of applications and transfer files to appropriate constituents.
- Assist in tracking departmental budgets for Campus Operations and organizing other purchases along with preparing appropriate paper work
- Assist the VPCO in special projects related to Campus Operations.
- Assist in the preparation of statistics and reports as requested by the EVPCO.
- Manage work-study students for Admissions.
- Responsible for keeping official meeting minutes as requested by the EVPCO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree required. Administrative experience preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures would be a plus in this position. Experience in an academic administration and knowledge of community college setting highly desirable.
Must be flexible, able to set priorities, manage deadlines, and work effectively with multiple constituents. The Administrative Assistant for Campus Operations must be highly organized and should have the ability to multitask.
Must be able to work well under pressure and follow direction.
Must have excellent skills in Word processing, Microsoft Office products, and database computer skills required. Must be able to use social media for marketing in a professional manner. Must have the ability and willingness to learn and utilize existing computer systems.
Convey a professional manner, representing the College and its mission. Participate as a team member, exhibiting excellent oral and written communications.
Working ConditionsNormal temperature working environment. Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment. Friendly work environment. Occasional overtime and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.