2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Plan, implement, maintain, direct, and evaluate the college's districtwide library services, programs, collections, procedures, and processes operationalizing them at the assigned campus library. Manage the daily operations of the assigned library. Provide leadership for the visioning, strategic planning, development, and adoption of new programs, facilities, technology, and renovations within the areas of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with executive library directors in the district to coordinate library's services, programs, collections, procedures, and processes.
- Direct the formulation and administration of policies and procedures for information storage and delivery.
- Provide leadership for the visioning, strategic planning, development, and adoption of new programs, facilities, and technologies within the areas of responsibility.
- Formulate and recommend annual budget requests that support services and library collections that are responsive to the district's strategic goals.
- Recommend the purchase of facilities, technology and capital equipment necessary to the effective maintenance and implementation of services and programs within the assigned campus library. Operate within the approved budget.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with other libraries, consortia, institutions, and agencies.
- Provide leadership in identifying and responding to community needs.
- Plan, develop, and promote means for improving library instruction and instructional services districtwide in coordination with all campus libraries.
- Recruit, recommend, supervise, develop, and evaluate full-time and part-time staff in accordance with college district policies and procedures.
- Participate directly in the determination of college district policies and procedures, especially those that affect the campus libraries.
- Collect and maintain records and statistical data needed for evaluation of services, as well as for accreditation, state and federal reports.
- Ensure effective communication processes between and among Collin College libraries and other departments.
- Ensure appropriate safety training and compliance with all health and safety rules and processes.
- Districtwide duties (Plano Campus Executive Director only): Provide administration and supervision to districtwide Library Technology Services which oversees the execution of library material orders, cataloging, physical processing of library materials and placement in campus libraries. Supervise, monitor and evaluate the director of library technology services. Oversee system administration of the district’s integrated library software system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of library operation
- Knowledge of college mission and goals
- Knowledge of American Library Association/Association of College and Research Libraries standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of Board Policies, regulations related to employment, and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Knowledge of current library practices, trends and technologies
- Knowledge of instructional techniques, integrated library systems, and online resources
- Knowledge of Polaris integrated library system, Online Computer and Library Center (OCLC), Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2), RDA Research
- Knowledge of student code of conduct
- Knowledge of book, media, cataloging, and library supply vendors
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Supervisory and negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize projects
- Ability to act with limited supervision
- Ability to work well on a team
- Ability to delegate and willingness to accept suggestions and constructive criticism
- Ability to work as a team with all areas of the college
- Ability to manage a budget
- Ability to analyze and review service on a districtwide level
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Master's degree in library science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution is required. Doctoral degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Five (5) years of directly related higher education experience and three (3) years of administrative-level experience required.
Two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.