Date: June 6, 2022Description
Title: Assistant Football Coach
: Hartwick College, a NCAA Division III institution and member of the Empire 8 is accepting applications for a full-time, 9-month Assistant Football Coach. The Assistant Coach is responsible for coaching a defensive position, as well as assisting the Head Football Coach with all aspects of the daily operation of a competitive football program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to recruiting, the organization and conduct of practices/competitions, fundraising, parent and alumni relations, and duties associated with the overall administration of the program in accordance with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Hartwick College, Empire 8, NCAA, and other related association rules and regulations. The position will include a secondary responsibility assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Other department expectations include the following:
- As a college employee, this person is expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Comply with all Federal, State, local, NCAA, Empire 8 Conference, College, and department regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- General office work (email, database management, phone calls, etc.)
- Be a positive member of the department by supporting other programs and find ways to be involved for the betterment of the department and College (i.e., attend Code Blue events, volunteer for special department events).
- Attend important College functions (i.e., State of the College Address, Assessment Forum, and Conversations with the President).
- Participate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Collegiate coaching experience is preferred. The successful candidate will demonstrate effective teaching methods and possess excellent leadership, role modeling, organizational and interpersonal skills, and must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations. Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable through the College. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”
Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders—what you do at Hartwick really matters.
Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring processAll applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.