Date: June 8, 2022
Title: Assistant Sports Information Director (SID)/Athletics Office Assistant
Description: The Assistant Sports Information Director (SID)/Athletics Office Assistant is a 10 month, full-time position, that will perform a variety of necessary duties that support the promotion of our student-athletes, the department, and Hartwick College. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Associate Director of Athletics and the department Office Manager to assist with administrative tasks as assigned.
Work closely with the Director of Athletics Communications (SID) including but not limited to the following areas:
- Write and prepare releases, game programs, feature stories, game recaps pertaining to Hartwick Athletics for dispersal to media outlets
- Help maintain athletic website (rosters, schedules, stats, releases, game recaps)
- Serve as statistician for home athletic events (as assigned)
- Create promotional graphics and video content
- Maintain athletic files, historical data files and records
- Maintain athletics social media sites
- Posting game schedules to various campus outlets
- Work closely with the Director of Athletics Communications (SID) and the department Office Manager to provide assistance with supporting the summer sports camps, including customer service, registration, and any additional help that is needed.
- Work closely with the department Office Manager on the annual athletic awards program.
- Support department special events as needed (i.e. post-season, fundraisers).
- Hire, train, and provide supervision and delegate tasks to office work-study students
- Other relevant job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field (communications, sports management, public relations, etc.). Experience in a sports information office with a minimum of one year of collegiate sports information experience is preferred.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written) and time management skills. Must have the ability to multi-task, manage deadlines, work independently, and function as a team member. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word), and Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Drive) is required. The position requires working evening and weekend hours as scheduled. Experience with Stat Crew in various sports; a background in website maintenance; experience with Adobe Photoshop and In-Design; and supervisory experience is preferred.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”
Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and a celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders—what you do at Hartwick really matters.
Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process.
All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.