: Part Time Non-Benefited PositionsSubscribe:
: Academic Innovation & Distance EducationLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Jun 6, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
This is a part-time support staff position with the Academic Innovation & Distance Education (AIDE) program at BHCC. The part-time assistant will provide basic front-line support to faculty, staff and students who visit AIDE's Innovation Lab to learn about new digital learning tools and receive assistance using software including the campus LMS (Moodle) and Digication (the ePortfolio platform). The assistant will also be expected to provide friendly and professional responses to inquiries made to the AIDE department's Innovation Lab by phone, email, and virtual meeting spaces. Innovation Specialists will also assist with Innovation Lab operations, including managing files, updating support documents, and updating communications materials. This position will be primarily on campus in E230 on the Charlestown campus, with some availability for remote work.
- Knowledge of the English language including spelling, word meaning and word usage. Ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Experience with a Learning Management System on a college campus (within the past five years); as a student in a course, as an instructor, or professional staff working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to think creatively, work on multiple projects under deadlines, and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including experience with, and a willingness to present in front of audiences of 30+ people and the ability to give written and oral instructions in a precise and understandable manner.
- Willingness to learn other skills used in support of teaching, learning, and distance education
- Demonstrated ability to exercise patience and compassion while training users of various skill levels
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail when managing tasks
- Ability to work remotely, including access to computer with internet connection, web-camera, and microphone/speaker or headset.
- Ability to work in person on the Charlestown campus in E230
Salary: $20/hr. @ 18/hrs. week (non-benefited)
Review Date: open until filled
Effective January 3, 2022, all Bunker Hill Community College employees will need to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless granted an accommodation.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE