School of Music Admissions Recruiter Tracking Code883-280Job Description
The Admissions Recruiter – Music (ARM) reports directly to the Assistant Director of Admissions - Music and work closely with the School of Music team to recruit, retain, and enroll the highest quality student musicians; represents the University and the School of Music in all phases of the admissions program and will support the Director in the organization and coordination of the entire admissions program of the School of Music, ensuring balanced annual enrollment goals; plans and organizes audition days, schedules all auditions and visits of prospective music students, coordinates the “Hi-Notes—Be A Music Major for a Day” program in which prospective students are paired for shadowing with current students, and maintains a database of prospective students. Additionally, the ARM is the liaison for off-campus performance opportunities for students.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A person of character, drive, appealing personality, and integrity, the ARM is a leader who can work both autonomously and as a member of a tightly knit team under strong leadership. He or she will have a deep understanding of, and commitment to, the values underlying a Stetson University education.
- COMMITMENT: The ARM will be dedicated to the mission of Stetson University and to strengthening the University’s relationship with the internal and external University community, representing the University accurately and enthusiastically to all of its varied constituencies.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Demands include extended periods of time at a keyboard; manual dexterity in the operation of office equipment; occasional need for long working hours and for working outside the normal University schedule; some physical effort—i.e., some standing and walking, frequent light lifting, occasional repetitive lifting of printed materials and presentation equipment; perceptual demands for sound, form, and depth.
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Above-average communication and organizational skills\
Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ability to work effectively with a wide diversity of people as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the University community—specifically admissions staff and all music faculty, current music majors, and a tightly knit staff of work study students supervised by the ARM in the Music Admissions Office
Ability to build relationships with prospective students and their parents and families through phone and personal contact
High energy level and enthusiasm for work in the enrollment profession and for recruitment-related travel
Team player with a good sense of humor, goal oriented with the willingness to complete tasks effectively and on schedule
Able to multi-task using strong time management skills
Able to work graciously and successfully under pressure
- A bachelor’s degree from a liberal arts college or comprehensive university and a basic understanding of the various facets of the music profession
- Experience in recruitment, marketing, retail and other business-like environments preferred
- Experience with SLATE/Ellucian Banner is highly desirable
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record as determined by the University’s auto insurance carrier.
Salary Grade: 3
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular