Examination Program Director
Do you have experience working with examinations and assessments in an education setting? Or do you have experience working with psychometric standards? Would you like to apply your experience in a mission-oriented, non-profit organization supporting Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS)? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be an ideal candidate for Examination Program Director at the Board for Global EHS Credentialing (BGC). BCG seeks a candidate with experience in examination development and excellent communication and project management skills to join its small, highly engaged team.
Located in Lansing, Michigan, the Board for Global EHS Credentialing (BGC) is the premier global credentialing body for professionals who protect the health of people and the environment. We elevate expectations of professionals in their respective fields through our rigorous, reliable, and valid credentialing process. Our credentials demonstrate our Diplomates’ commitment and ability to practice at the highest level. Since 1960, BGC’s predecessor, the American Board of Industrial Hygiene® (ABIH®) has been the world's largest organization for testing and certifying professionals in the practice of industrial hygiene. We are proud to now be the home of additional EHS credentials, including the Qualified Environmental Professional® (QEP®), Environmental Professional In-Training® (EPI®), Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA), Certified Process Safety Auditor (CPSA), and the Certified Professional Product Steward™ (CPPS™), which is currently in development.
The Examination Program Director is responsible for the strategic direction, statistical soundness, and operational aspects of all BGC credentialing exams. Duties include oversight of all test development lifecycle activities; recruitment and management of subject matter experts; management of psychometric and test delivery vendors; and performing all operations in accordance with all applicable psychometric and accreditation standards. The position reports to the CEO.
• Bachelors’ degree in evaluation and testing, psychometrics, statistics, education, or education psychology.
• Five years of examination development or equivalent.
• Experience with ISO standards for accreditation preferred.
• Experience in or working with the EHS profession, including Industrial Hygienists, Environmental practitioners, Product Stewards, and EHS Auditors, a plus.
• Highly effective communication skills and the willingness to keep other stakeholders at all levels informed using verbal and written communication.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
• Project management skills and experience. Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
• Ability to work independently within established guidelines.
• Ability to facilitate meetings. Volunteer coordination experience is a plus.
Candidates must be local to the Lansing, Michigan metropolitan area. Hybrid telework schedules will be considered.
Please respond with a resume and cover letter to [email protected]