: Graduate Recruitment and AdmissionsLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 7, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 01495Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Office of Graduate Recruitment and Admissions at Binghamton University (SUNY) seeks a professional with knowledge and experience of data analysis, customer relationship management systems, and preferably admission in higher education for the position of Graduate Admissions Data Operations Specialist to ensure processes run accurately and efficiently, and the implementation of new functionality is completed.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions, this professional will assist the University with implementing, supporting and overseeing the Graduate Admissions systems.
The ideal candidate for this position has significant experience working with tools and technology systems, preferably in higher education, and will be a data driven, dynamic and highly motivated individual who is comfortable with the technical aspects of the position.
- Support the admissions CRM system, Slate, by updating and creating automations and rules; and by running the tools along with providing management and maintenance of the system
- Serve as a key point of contact within the Office of Graduate Admissions and across campus
- Maintain training documentation on system processes and updates as well as policy documentation; support the training of new users in the CRM system, including the establishment of security permissions
- Support the Office of Graduate Admissions and Recruitment with creation of marketing and communication events in the CRM system
- Ensure the data integrity of prospect and application information, including the management of user access and security; support the accurate transfer of data from Slate to the University's student information system;
- Collaborate with other members of the Graduate Admissions team, ITS, Communications and Marketing, and other offices on campus regarding admissions processes, upgrades, and other projects
- Proactively gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations of process and procedural documentation and subsequently, implement approved changes
- Build queries to assess day-to-day operations and workflow
- Assess and implement new or unused Slate functionality; lead implementation for new features, updates, functionality, and best practices, in coordination with Slate technical and end users
- Build and maintain new and existing portals for applicants and for internal and external users to access data and reports
- Provide support in data imports, exports, and data analysis
- Assist in the maintenance of data integrity across multiple university systems
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Experience working with data systems
- Demonstrated experience with data imports, exports, and data analysis
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization and decision-making skills including the ability to work well under pressure and balance competing priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and proven ability to learn and use new technology and systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels in the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well with a wide variety of constituencies, and work successfully, in a fast-paced office environment as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, handle confidential matters with tact and a high degree of discretion
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures
- Committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University
- Master's degree is strongly preferred
- Experience working with data, including knowledge about the process of developing, delivering, and maintaining queries, and reports
- 1-3 Experience with a student information system (e.g., Banner, PeopleSoft)
- 1-3 years of experience working with a CRM system (i.e. Slate, Salesforce)
- 1-3 years of experience working with a data driven system
- Professional experience working in higher education and/or in recruitment or admissions
- Familiarity with graduate school application and admissions processes
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: June 21, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.